sauna weight loss tips

Options
jenny18zhao
jenny18zhao Posts: 5 Member
I was reading an article that if you spend 20-30 minutes for sauna, u can burn up to 100-500 calories per section. It increase your cardiovascular output by 50-75%, very similar to cardiovascular exercise. There are also other benefits too.

Replies

• yocaitygee
    Options
    I have read that it is good for a lot of reasons like loosening up tight muscles and I'm sure it burns calories, but probably water weight since you just kind of sit and sweat! Haha maybe if you did some push ups or crunches in there! But I've also heard it may be harmful to stay in for longer than 15-20 minutes! Well maybe harmful was the wrong word, but less than suggested? Haha, I'll try to do some more research on it! I'm sure it changes from person to person, but let us know if you find anything else :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can burn 100 - 500 calories by walking, or running, or boxing, or swimming.

There are a lot better ways to lose calories than sweating them out and not exerting any energy..

I think its just your water weight that leaves you.. not a real method for real weight loss.
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    It's good to go in the sauna for maybe 15 minutes after a gym session but you really need to make sure you drink extra afterwards!