Digital edition of NROL?

Options
ShannaSwitzer
ShannaSwitzer Posts: 15 Member
I looked for a print edition at both major bookstores in my town and neither had it. Is the kindle or iBooks edition OK? The one review on iBooks makes me hesitate, menntioning that the cross referencing and flipping around makes it difficult to use.

I'd rather not wait to have it shipped, so I'm basing my decision to go ahead and get it on the iPad on your reviews here, thanks!

Replies

• Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have mine on my Nook, but bought the hard copy to take with me to the gym. I know some of the ladies have it on Kindle/Nook and then bookmark the pages they need. I was lazy and didn't want to have to go through that process, thus, my hard copy. :smile:
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love having Starting Strength on kindle/ipad2 kindle reader and really like it in that format, but I think NROL would drive me crazy. I find the hard copy drives me crazy too! . I'd rather he organized it better, even repeated pages/exercises if necessary. I guess with bookmarks it might not be too bad, but - well, I do a LOT of flipping. I ordered it from Amazon.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I bought it on Kindle for the same reason. I didn't want to wait for it to be shipped! It's a little annoying to have to search and flip around but I never intended on taking it to the gym with me because I'd be afraid to lose it or someone would swipe it for themselves. So that works for me. Plus I can read online while at work... (shhhh don't tell!) :wink: If I had to do it over again, I would buy the hard copy, but I don't think it's NECESSARY to have the hard copy. With some patience and the bookmark feature, the Kindle version works just fine. Just take notes on a separate sheet of paper! :love:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have it on my kindle, and love it. I use the version on my computer to highlight (not bookmark) all the moves I want for that Stage, then I update it on both my kindle and my phone kindle app. I have my log on my phone anyway, so I just flip back and forth from my kindle app to my mfp app as I'm progressing through my workout to see what's next, and log what I just did. It's so efficient for me that at this point I think it would be a nuscience to have the book. The only limitation, however, is that you can't use the page number references in the book. At first this was quite an annoyance, but I've become pretty good at just typing what I'm looking for in the search feature and voila, there it is.