30's Weekend - 04/14-15

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nothing much here today but weeding and laundry. But I'm logging that weeding!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Finished stage 1 of NROLFW today! I have to admit I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself :smile: Having a goal and program has really helped me stay motivated for the last 5 weeks. I'm going to be in a take it easy mode for a bit until I start stage 2. I'm planning to hit up a yoga class at my gym tomorrow for a good stretch. Looks like the weather is turning bad for the rest of the weekend here so it will be an indoor activity type of weekend for me!
  • DougEMT29
    DougEMT29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. I have managed to eat good today. I hope this is a start back to healthier eating.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Eating is on track but haven't worked out today. Planned to walk but woke up with tweaking back so may need to wait until tomorrow. Hope you are having a great weekend
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya folks, no gym for me today although i did a 45 minute walk and kept on my feet all day. Had my first meal out in ages and had sushi. The wasabi damn near blew the nose off my face. That said it did taste great :-).
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    no working out today! i'm trying to break 10,000 words on my book, and i'm sooooo close to hitting it! i've been holed up by my computer all day, and i had no idea it would take so long! but i'm breaking it today. so there! :)
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    What's the subject of your book Chan?
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    We went on a picnic for lunch yesterday and discovered that our small town's nature park is more like a small state park. :happy: So, this morning rather than go plod a way on a treadmill, I went to the nature park and walked one of their trails. So much more enjoyable than the gym. And I saw a turtle on the path immediately . . . unfortunately that was the only wildlife encounter other than a couple of robins and the geese and ducks around the lake. But, it was an absolute perfect day for walking outside and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I may have to make this my regular weekend thing.
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Finally managed to get my bike fixed. For me this is pretty good going as i wasn't born with the gift for dealing with technology. That gives me an extra 30 minutes in bed and should burn off a few more calories every day. Plus it opens up a whole new world when it comes to my weekends. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I don't get much of a chance to exercise but hopefully i can make that up at the gym this week. Not a bad day for me food wise although i have had some extra fruit that's pushed my intake up a few notches. Oh well tomorrow is the start of a new week. With any luck it will be a good one.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Happy weekend!

I have had company. Been keeping really busy!

My nsv for this week was having to apologize to my tailor for losing weight. :-) Turns out a tailor is one of the few people you need apologize to when you lose weight.

Sounds like several people are struggling with plateaus. Maybe we could brainstorm ways to bust through plateaus? Here would be my list of things to try or reasons for a plateau.

1. Eat less.
    2. Eat more. (Always love this option.)
    3. Double checking how honestly you are tracking (i.e. Was that a cup or a cup and a half? 3 oz or 4oz?)
    4. More intense/interval cardio or new types of cardio
    5. Weight training/more intense weight training
    6. If you are within 15lbs or less (maybe even 20lbs) of your goal, maybe your body is telling you it has reached a happy weight? I know that is a bit controversial but I firmly believe that some bodies are just happier with more weight than BMI suggests. Normally this is indicated by increased exercise/athletic gains + eating right = staying the same weight.
    7. Metabolic disorder. See doctor.

Any other reasons we can come up with? For folks struggling maybe working through a list like systematically might be useful?

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend! This morning we had a "donut incident" but we balanced that out with a looong hike this afternoon. Now we are making our towards dinner. Thai food... Yum...

See you guys tomorrow!

-SG
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Went for a hike today... 2.8 miles round trip with a 700' elevation gain. Felt great, but my turkey son ran ahead with the pack that had the water so I went all the way up with no water :( boy was I thirsty! We had a nice picnic lunch at the top and it was a beautiful day.

As for plateaus... In the past what has worked for me was to have a "free day" where I ate more than usual with some splurges (within reason)... Somehow it always seems to kickstart me back down. It's like my body says "ok, I'm not gonna starve" and decides to let more go. I just have to make sure my free day doesn't include items that will trigger me to keep eating bad after the day is up.