Let's do this together!!!!

Options
XOchocolate
XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
Hi there

I started mfp in Jan. @ 1200 & I lost 12.5 lbs.  Then in march it slowed right down.  I started to read the post about eating more and 3 weeks ago I up my calories to 1400 which I been between 1-2lbs up and down.  I guess that wasn't enough so today I figure out my tdee-15%=2011 I am so scared to eat that.
I am a little nervous but it all makes sense to me .   I've been yo yo dieting for 10 years and want to stop the madness.  Just started lifting  2 weeks ago to give me an extra edge.   Need to make my body into a fat burning machine:happy. Hoping I can keep up the motivation that I have now.  If ya need an extra pal plz add me and we can do this together. I am a true pal to ones that are true to me.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

Just though I'll tell ya my stats. If anyone thinks they maybe incorrect plz let me know.
Age 45. 5'11". Girlie girl;)
Sw. 185
Cw. 172
Gw. 155
My tdee 2367
Bmr 1527

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I started mfp in Jan. @ 1200 & I lost 12.5 lbs.  Then in march it slowed right down.  I started to read the post about eating more and 3 weeks ago I up my calories to 1400 which I been between 1-2lbs up and down.  I guess that wasn't enough so today I figure out my tdee-15%=2011 I am so scared to eat that.
    I am a little nervous but it all makes sense to me .   I've been yo yo dieting for 10 years and want to stop the madness.  Just started lifting  2 weeks ago to give me an extra edge.   Need to make my body into a fat burning machine:happy. Hoping I can keep up the motivation that I have now.  If ya need an extra pal plz add me and we can do this together. I am a true pal to ones that are true to me.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

Just though I'll tell ya my stats. If anyone thinks they maybe incorrect plz let me know.
    Age 45. 5'11". Girlie girl;)
    Sw. 185
    Cw. 172
    Gw. 155
    My tdee 2367
    Bmr 1527

I am so happy you are here! Lady I know this goes against all you have learned your whole life but it so works. Keep us posted!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    I will indeed.

Thank you for all your info that you provided for this group Lucia! Congrats on your success!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new at it and need for like-minded friends, so I'll add you! :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how you feel about being afraid to eat that much. It's exactly how I felt at first, too.

I increased my calories slowly and now I'm eating at my TDEE - 20% and I'm doing really well! Losing inches every week!!

Feel free to add me....I'm always happy to have like-minded friends on my list!!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good on you for taking this step!! It is such a scary step, but the support in this group rocks!!

It's been 4 weeks for me and I still have times where i think Yikes! WHAT am I doing!!!
    I just changed my diary to 1700cals and it scared the hell out of me, but then i think of how satisfied my tummy feels, my mind feels more balanced, how much more energy I have, how i am beating personal bests in my training, and i remember it really is the right thing :)

The loss on the scales and tape measure will come in time :)
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    Just jump in with you :)
    Also afraid to go from 1600 to 2500 cal per day... my BMR 1967....

I try to reach my BMR it will be a big step there and then I'll try to reach my TDEE- 15% wich is 2590 cal per day!
    Hopefully while I'll be losing weight, my numbers will also change and reduce!!

for now, protein shake will be my best friend to reach my BMR!

Keep on touch!! :)

We are champions and we will success!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I try to reach my BMR it will be a big step there and then I'll try to reach my TDEE- 15% wich is 2590 cal per day!

This is me! I am at 2600 calories per day, and if it weren't for protein shakes I would have a hard time hitting the calorie goal without going to junk food. It was a stretch at first, but now I'm finding myself hungry if I don't get to at least 2400 in a day. Crazy! :)
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options

This is me! I am at 2600 calories per day, and if it weren't for protein shakes I would have a hard time hitting the calorie goal without going to junk food. It was a stretch at first, but now I'm finding myself hungry if I don't get to at least 2400 in a day. Crazy! :)

You reassure me!!!! thanks!! you can add me if you want :)
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    I will explode, can't believe I ate all that today, really need to find high proteins

almost too my tdee today .....

too much salt.... Wow so much to look at.....

See ya tomorrow, still have to workout tonight!
  • XOchocolate
    Options

Yay!!! Happy to have my pal beside me on this....blood, sweat and tears baby will get us to that healthy strong beautiful body!!!!!

• XOchocolate
    Options
    Grrr! I can never post on a reply correctly....help...lol.

Ok....

Just want to say thanks a bunch to all my wonderful new pal for adding me. You're the best! So far I am on day four and the best part so far is not being obsessed over the scales:happy: ...a bit of freedom. I've been eating a lot of nuts lately even got myself some pumpkin seeds (yummy) just to help getting my calories and protein in my body. It's going to be a long road but I just got to get myself off this yo-yo dieting rollercoaster.

Xo:heart:
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Good on you for taking this step!! It is such a scary step, but the support in this group rocks!!

It's been 4 weeks for me and I still have times where i think Yikes! WHAT am I doing!!!
    I just changed my diary to 1700cals and it scared the hell out of me, but then i think of how satisfied my tummy feels, my mind feels more balanced, how much more energy I have, how i am beating personal bests in my training, and i remember it really is the right thing :)

The loss on the scales and tape measure will come in time :)

Thank you for your story! I am so happy to hear about your success:smile:
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    Hi there!

How is it going?

It's easier to eat more cals for now, Have to find things to increase my proteins ( need 266-267 g) low my carb and salt but yesterday it was already better!!

Scale is not horrible, I may be in my 2 weeks before TOM so not sure if it's that or the calories increased but I took 1.4 pounds... Friday is the real weight and measure day we'll see.... I lost 1 in on my hips!! ( can't wait till friday lol)

Yesterday I peed a lot more than I drank even if I drank 4 L.... I'm so thursty!!!
    Sugar levels are ok, so I imagine it's normal....

Wish you a nice day!!! Keep going!!!!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I would do without fat free vanilla greek yogurt...seriously. I eat it with grape nuts and frozen blueberries every day
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Hi there!

How is it going?

It's easier to eat more cals for now, Have to find things to increase my proteins ( need 266-267 g) low my carb and salt but yesterday it was already better!!

Scale is not horrible, I may be in my 2 weeks before TOM so not sure if it's that or the calories increased but I took 1.4 pounds... Friday is the real weight and measure day we'll see.... I lost 1 in on my hips!! ( can't wait till friday lol)

Yesterday I peed a lot more than I drank even if I drank 4 L.... I'm so thursty!!!

• XOchocolate
    Options
    Hi there!

How is it going?

Hey Mickey
    Awesome on losing off your hips! For protein I've been eating a lot of chicken, turkey burgers, nuts , eggs , tuna, and the whey protein is really helping too. My first couple of days I found I had a lot of calories at the end of the day so I up my breakfast and now I don't have as much. I feel pretty good so far. Mon and tuesday I woke up around 4 am both mornings and was extremely parch and was unable to sleep. I don't know if it has anything to do with the change in diet or not. Last night went to sleep around nine and slept for about 10 hours;))). I don't do that. So that is my update for now.
    Sweet dreams!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    I don't know what I would do without fat free vanilla greek yogurt...seriously. I eat it with grape nuts and frozen blueberries every day

Yummy! I got to try the nuts in my yogurt.....I love strawberry with bran buds(awesome fibre and crunch like granola).
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    :)
    My first night of no exercice... feel guilty but I have to rest...

I worked all day then run at the grocery store to pick something for dinner and thing to increase proteins for me lol then do dinner for all my family that was already home to celebrate my father's back from florida since 6 months... kids... dog, to much noise lolol

no more energy!

I just want to share... because I did'nt know what to pick up for the nuts... I took roasted soya nuts, for 1/2 cup (50g): cal 230, fat 10g, sodium 170, carb 16g fiber 10 g sugars 4 g proteine 20 g It's the lowest I found....

What do you eat as nuts?

Also, I have trouble with my bowels with the proteins shakes and my calcium pills... So I bought fiber cereal, quinoa flakes and cheese, greek yogourt to do my shakes without powder...

I'm always thirsty!!!! Is it normal????
    I drink minimum 3 L pee pee pee pee pee and re pee.... but thirsty as if I haven't drink since 3 days....

Our body works out to help us lol lets sleep as it want to... :)

Good night! :)
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    :)
    My first night of no exercice... feel guilty but I have to rest...

I worked all day then run at the grocery store to pick something for dinner and thing to increase proteins for me lol then do dinner for all my family that was already home to celebrate my father's back from florida since 6 months... kids... dog, to much noise lolol

no more energy!

I just want to share... because I did'nt know what to pick up for the nuts... I took roasted soya nuts, for 1/2 cup (50g): cal 230, fat 10g, sodium 170, carb 16g fiber 10 g sugars 4 g proteine 20 g It's the lowest I found....

What do you eat as nuts?

Also, I have trouble with my bowels with the proteins shakes and my calcium pills... So I bought fiber cereal, quinoa flakes and cheese, greek yogourt to do my shakes without powder...

I'm always thirsty!!!! Is it normal????
    I drink minimum 3 L pee pee pee pee pee and re pee.... but thirsty as if I haven't drink since 3 days....

Our body works out to help us lol lets sleep as it want to... :)

Good night! :)

I been eating pistachios, almonds and pumpkin seeds. They are higher in fat content so I have to be careful about that. Your soy nuts sounds great but just found out that with hypo-thyroid that I should stay away from soy products. Sucks big time because I don't eat read meat:(((...got to have a chat with my doc to see what he thinks.
    Just read an article last night that being thirsty and peeing a lot is normal when you increase protein intake. It said it should level out in a while when you body becomes used to it.
    The best stuff I love for proper potty time:blushing: Is bran buds...I add them to my multigrain Cheerios or vanilla yougurt and berries. Also....chia seeds are awesome too...you must drink lots of water.
    Later:flowerforyou:
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    Thanks, crappy day on food... that's what happen when you are tired I don't bring a lunch at work...

tomorrow is another day!!

Starting 30 Day shred tonigh, I'll do what I can and rest when I need it :) but want to finish level 1 completely