Sorry if I'm missing something

Options
jaxxie
jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
I am about to start Stage 3 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong...or maybe I am. I try to lift heavier every workout. Not working out so well. Does everyone leave a week off inbetween?
I'm not seeing the results others are achieving and I so want to lift heavier? Not following the meal plan but I am *for the most part
following Chris Powell's Choose to Lose. What could I do to improve results?

Thoughts as well as opinions are appreciated, just don't be mean please!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stage 3 is is a bit different than stage 1 in that the movements are bit trickier. it's not all about strength but also balance. so just do your best.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different so you can't compare your results to others. I wasn't able to lift heavier during Stage 2 in every workout either. If you read some of the other posts in the dedicated Stage 2 section you'll find this was the case for many women. DO NOT sacrifice perfect form to lift heavier weights. It will inevitably lead to injury as many women here have found.

I don't follow the book's meal plan either but instead I use MFP as it's intended to be used. It ends up being very close to the book's recommendations any way. I did however customize my macro %s to 45/30/25 carbs/protein/fat. If I exceed my protein goal on lifting days, I consider that a good thing; 30% is the minimum I need daily.

I did take a week off between stages 1 and 2. I didn't always take a full week off between the other stages, sometimes only 4-6 days off; sometimes zero days off.

Stick with the program and you'll see results. Track your measurements once per month using MFP's "check-in" tab. Read thru the posts in the dedicated Stage 3 section, I'm sure you'll find great tips, motivation and support from others who are in that stage right now. Good luck!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    When I do not eat enought, my capacity to lift heavy goes way down.