Eating more is difficult!

Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
Finding things that are CHEAP and HEALTHY to eat constantly. I am also seeing that I am always over my sodium and my sugar intake. My sugar is from fruits usually so that should be alright, right? Has anyone else also had this problem. Would anyone mind looking at my diary to tell me if I am at least eating somewhat properly?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about your sugar unless you're eating beyond your carb limits. Cheap and healthy aren't easy- but they are doable. Fats are going to be a big player- olive oil/coconut oil, nuts (know you're already eating them), cheeses, red meat all of these are dense foods.

Sodium- well, depends on how money-restricted you are. On the lower ends of the scale, sometimes you just have to up your water and deal with higher sodium. Skip processed meats, canned veggies unless no sodium added and your sodium should come down easily.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fats are good, sodium is bad, and sugar is alright as long as you do not go over your carbs. Thanks for the info! :drinker:
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weird for me to say, but I have to eat more fat! I'm consistently low on that one. Carbs, I tend to be a tad high. Protein, I'm getting the hang of. I'm gonna have to ditch the reduced fat cheese and milk. Hey, maybe I will actually put some cream in my coffee again! That's exciting!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Like Gemi I watch carbs not sugar bec mineare mostly from fruits as well...

Some ideas: nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, nuts, greek yogurt, salmon, tuna, lean meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, a good protein drink (jillian micheals whey is cheap and natural), Kind plus bars..to name a few calorie dense items
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Trust me it gets easier. Fee free to look at my diary...now I have 2 refeed days a week where I eat maintenance cals plus my exercise cals...and it is probably about the cals you eat as your cut, so feel free to take a look my diary it is open to the public.