Introductions

Options
alexsmith01
alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
Hi everyone,
Thought I'd get the ball rolling with the first topic!
My name is Alex - I live in New Zealand, so it's Autumn now, nearly winter, which is a funny time to be getting bikini ready - but I love the tone it up girls and really wanted to give one of their training plans a go!
Anyone who wants to friend me go ahead! Note though that as of this week I am not calorie counting (not sure when/if I will start again), just using mfp for motivation and tracking exercise, as the calorie counting was making me crazy! I'm focusing on exercise and listening to my body :) (oh, and trying to avoid too much chocolate).
Can't wait to get started!
xx

Replies

• caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Caroline, I live in the UK. I'm 25 and a trainee teacher so life is pretty busy but I'm trying to find what time I can to do as much as I can, it makes a huge difference! I'm calorie counting, I let myself have about 1680 a day as that's my goal BMR and thought I'd give sticking to that a go. I'm nowhere near bikini ready but thought the challenges might still be good anyway!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Caroline, I live in the UK. I'm 25 and a trainee teacher so life is pretty busy but I'm trying to find what time I can to do as much as I can, it makes a huge difference! I'm calorie counting, I let myself have about 1680 a day as that's my goal BMR and thought I'd give sticking to that a go. I'm nowhere near bikini ready but thought the challenges might still be good anyway!

Whoops didn't mean to just quote and post haha. I meant to say "Hi Caroline, nice to meet you!" haha.
    Wow a teacher! That would be fun - what age kids are you aiming for? My boyfriend is a builder but he says one day he'd like to become a teacher (so that building doesn't ruin his body forever haha).
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, Im Natalie, im 28 from the UK.
    im currently a full time student at college studying on an access to higher education course which involves Biology, Maths and Sociology.
    But im not continuing with higher ed after wards and cause of a change of plans as of September i will be doin an exercise and fitness course at college to become a gym instructor and god knows from there onwards.

When not at college im a mum of 2, my daughter aged 7 and my son is 2 so dont get loads of time for me, just a couple of hrs in the evening to try get things done. I walk to and from college / school everyday so do over an hrs walkin and in half term i love going to the gym. Need to get more used to working out at home as tho as i find it a struggle as get easily distracted from it to do other things but need to kick that habbit and hopefully this may help me. I am cal counting and have been for a little hilwe, have lost 36ish lbs so far and am roughly 12lbs from goal but i really need to focus on toning up now as where iv lost the fat my skin is looking a little ( ok a lot) flabby and need to do more about it now.

Anyway good luck all. xx
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm Amber. I'm 25 and from Brisbane, Australia so I'm also in Autumn weather. I've been looking for some free online resources to shake things up a bit so the thread was good timing. I've lost 6 kilos so far and have hit a plateau.

I've been doing stair jogging/walking once a week and weights twice a week (with a body builder as a trainer) but need something else to do at home as I'm not very creative and get stuck for ideas. I'm just hoping I can keep up with it all without getting too sore but am going to give it a good shot.

So bring on the bikini challenge.
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I'm Gina, from Chicago, USA, so for me I'm taking this challenge to actually get bikini ready since summer is coming up soon! And I am absolutely 100% determined to finally fit in a bikini this summer (it would be the first time ever). Funny how Alex mentioned that she currently wasn't tracking her calories, because I stopped tracking them too. I was literally becoming obsessed with the numbers and it was starting to mess with me mentally. Yes, I'm still aware of how many calories and macro intakes I have in one day, but I really don't have the mental capability to track them down because like I said, it messed with my mind too much. So I'm just using MFP for support and to keep track of my exercise.

I hope everyone gets the results they want from this challenge, I know I sure do hahah. Feel free to friend me or message me for any support or advice :)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen, I'm 26, and from Connecticut, USA.

Thanks for posting the website and creating a group. :flowerforyou: I signed up. I need all the motivation I can get to get into my bikini :o)

Stupid plateaus are stupid, and my bikini does not care about this problem. :sad:

But seriously, this is the first time in my adult life I'm anywhere near bikini ready, and it's the first time in a few years I've been a "healthy" weight. The only time I remember wearing a bikini was when I was 13 and I was in Brazil and had to borrow my cousins swimsuit for reasons I don't remember (but I wasn't happy about it). It's so sad, and I plan on changing this for 2012. While my progress has been great (20 lbs down before MFP, 15 since I joined), I want to be healthy AND toned. Healthy weight done! Toned and fit is in progress...

10 weeks until summer (on this side of the equator at least) and we can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi i am Faith. I am from Indiana in the US. love a challenge and i definately want to look like those chicks!
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm Courtney, live in Fort Worth Texas. I'm 29, a high school teacher and I think that's about it :-)

I stopped weighing in for now so I feel you on the calorie counting. I was going nuts with my weight changing all the time. I run a decent amount and I feel better since I started eating better but the scale wasn't moving. I'm telling myself it's because I've gained muscle in my legs. I would love to feel better about myself and be bikini ready by my 30th birthday in June. And that's just in time for my trip to Florida. Talk about bikini pressure. I'm hoping that this really helps! Challenges usually help me so hopefully together we can all do this!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Whoops didn't mean to just quote and post haha. I meant to say "Hi Caroline, nice to meet you!" haha.
    Wow a teacher! That would be fun - what age kids are you aiming for? My boyfriend is a builder but he says one day he'd like to become a teacher (so that building doesn't ruin his body forever haha).

I've trained to teach primary, so 5 to 11 year olds. I'm currently teaching Year 2, which is 6-7 year olds so hard work but lots of fun! I finish in a few months so now hunting for a job to start in September!
  • bella1922
    Options
    Hi there... I'm Sherry from southern LouisuIana. It's crawfish season down here n I have boiled crawfish at least once a week. That's my biggest downfall right now. I'm a teacher n a student working on my masters so time management is a struggle for me. I'm just getting back into the workout thing n taking it very serious this time around. A support group is just what I need. I'm hoping to fit into a dress I just bought by July. I couldn't pass up the price n it's so beautiful. I'm in between a 12 n 14 n the dress is a 12 so I think I can pull it off. Any support will be greatly appreciated.
  • Alleyna7
    Alleyna7 Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

My name is Alleyna and I'm 22.

I just saw this and feel kinda nervous but excited! (more nervous) You guys all seem very sweet and friendly. I'm sure we can do this!

I guess I'm the only Canadian here so far ha ha, I'm from Toronto, Ontario.
    I started seriously losing weight last April, so from my HW-170 I am roughly a 144 now. I just finished my undergrad and a dispute program, looking for a job (which is becoming so stressful and we all know what stress does)

So I really hope this works out, I wish you all the best and please add me if you'd like!!!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Corin and I'm from the UK.
    I'm 21 and have been flailing around with weight watchers for a while and wanted to try something different.
    I'm really looking forward to getting into a bikini this summer, haven't been body confident in one for over 3 years.
    My start weight was 185 and I'm down to 168. Hopefully, I'll get down to 135'ish some time in the near future!
  • foodcart
    foodcart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm Susan and I live in Portland, OR, USA. Thanks for making this group. I do community health research. I started MFP because I wanted to eat healthier, but I go off and on with logging my food. I hope we can all support each other as we get fitter. Feel free to friend me. Looking forward to the next eight weeks (and beyond)!
  • laughingrain
    Options
    Hi, I'm 31 from GA and looking forward to wearing a swimsuit on vacation this year. I love reading Self magazine so when I daw this group I decided to join. I am new to the site just joined Friday after my doc recommended it.
  • Ammbruno715
    Options
    Hi. My name is Andrea from new jersey. I'm heading back to mexico for my anniversary and I need to lose the weight I worked so hard to lose last year. Unfortunately I have 15+ pounds to lose before May 4th. I know that's pretty unrealistic. So I'm shooting for the official summer as my goal date. Wish me luck!
  • MrsDutt
    MrsDutt Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi I"m Zee. Im 28 from Cape Town, South Africa.

I am in business with my husband so I work full-time. Have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I am realllllly busy.

Not even sure what this workout is about but have signed up because I need some direction.
  • Dani9984
    Dani9984 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey girls, my name is Danielle, I am 27 yrs old. I am currently working as a dental assitant and go to school at night for esthetics (skincare). I am currently over weight, and need to get healthy. I not only have a bad family history of health problems, but I just had my gallbladder removed. I am so inspired by everyone on this team.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi dani, i think we have all been slacking, or at least i know i have!