Question

Options
SarahClag
SarahClag Posts: 32 Member
Ok, last night was kind of a cheat day for me, and today so far i've gone for a run. How bad would it be- really- to fast for today? Or would it not be helpful?

Thanks, any input is welcomed!

Replies

• faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    I never fast, regardless of how much I've eaten the day before. One day isn't going to ruin you. Just keep going as normal.
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    I like fasting, it helps me cleanse and start anew, even if you don't do a complete fast you can still do a cheat day in the "opposite way"
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Maybe one day but not any more than that.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a cleanse (I love Jillian Michael's)! Instead of cutting food out, you just eat healthy while taking pills that help flush out toxins and bassically make you have to go to the bathroom more. I know it's kind of gross, but it really gets your digestive system moving and reduces bloat. I usually do this once every 4-6 months.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't fast unless it is for religious purposes.

If I go over on calories one day I man up and log them, and then make up for the overage over the next couple days by exercise or eating under my goal. But if I went over by more than my deficit (500) I just mark that day off as a loss completely and start anew the next day. No point in focusing on the past too much, onwards and upwards.

Depending on how much you went over, a whole day of fasting is probably too extreme.