Negative Theories/Thoughts that Impede Weight Loss

Options
atthompson27
atthompson27 Posts: 31 Member
What are some negative theories about food and/or weight loss that we have suscribed to in the past that have prevented us from taking responsibility, taking charge, and losing weight? Mine are:

I will never love my body
I can't control what I eat
I can't control my hunger
I can't control my cravings

Replies

• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Not really thoughts/theories, but the following has kicked me in the teeth once or twice:

*I have always had a hard time with being able to AFFORD the healthy food.
    I still can't afford the REALLY good stuff, but I've learned to look for the "decent" stuff and roll with it.

*My butt and I will have to agree to disagree.
    That was a BIG issue for about 10 years or so, but we have finally come to terms we can agree upon. :wink:

*I am STILL fighting forgetting to eat.
    Some day I will come to terms with that too.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "Losing weight isnt going to make me look better"

I realize its not about that. Its about feeling better. I feel lots better losing weight. I have more energy. I like it when I can fit into some of my older clothes that arent so big. This is what weight loss is about for me.

"I cant afford to eat really healthy."

I need to plant a garden...then this wont be an issue. I actually have all of the seeds..now I just need to get them planted!

"I dont have time for breakfast"

Well....I still dont sort of...but I need to make the time. I feel less run down when I eat it. I lose weight better when I eat it.