Challenge Day 1

Options

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good morning eveyone,

How are you guys accounting for the calories burned for this workout? Is anyone using a HRM? Or do you choose a certain exercise type for this like circuit training?

I wondered the same thing! After a bit of research, i found this link http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=64
    i hope it helps...

THANKS!
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am ready!
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    So stoked for this! Thanks to everyone who are supporting the cause! It's so much easier to be motivated when there is a large group cheering eachother on. Thanks to our CHALLENGE MOTIVATOR, for setting it all up! I'm ready to be a hot mama!!! SUMMER HERE I COME!

Current Weight: 140.8
    Goal Weight: 132 (by the end of this)
    Waist: 34 1/2
    Goal 32 1/2
    Chest: 40 (OMG....)
    Goal: 38

Okay, these are the most current measurements... I am stunned to see this but I know I can do it!
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I was planning on restarting the 30 days shred today anyway! I kind of stalled around level 2 day 8 last times and it's been about 3 weeks, so i'm guessing I should just restart to be ready for level 3. I will likely throw in some fast fix kickboxing on days I don't run. YAY! I'm so excited, hoping this group will keep me motivated to get through the whole 30 days this time!!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i did level 2 of ripped in 30 today - found it really tough as i'm sooo unfit but hopefully that will change in the next 30 :-) my main exercise is going to be running and outdoor circuit training but i'm planning on doing some JM inbetween, will try and keep up with you guys!
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM to capture the calories burned and created the exercise under Cardio but titled it 30 DS Strength & Cardio.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Shred It with Weights every day! I started this one a few weeks ago, and have slowly worked up to doing it daily. It tends to aggravate an old back injury, so there have been days I've had to skip it! I already did a round this morning. Now it's time to study (I'm into my finals for this semester). After my exam this evening, I'm going to try to get in some 6 Week 6 Pack.
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is a great group! I love Jillian Michaels and I have most of her DVD's.

Today I will be doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, it is one of my favorites! I just got my HRM in so I am excited to see how many calories I will burn.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I purchased an HRM to account from my calories that I burned.
  • Bordelinski
    Options
    I just finished level 1 of 30 DS ... like JUST finished. I'm drenched and sore already but I feel so energized!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    good luck everyone...sounds like y'all are on the mark for this! i'm going to the gym after work and then i'll do 30DS when i get home...

i'm like another poster mentioned...i can't even do a reg push up and can barely get through those side lunges...i'm such a light weight when it comes to that! (-:

happy monday!
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout 2, day 6.
  • Eb155
    Eb155 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 30DS level 1!! Hopefully I can build some gusto to get a walk or some cardio in later today, but at least I got my JM one!! Good luck everyone! WE CAN DO IT :)

I also took my measurements, weight and pictures today. I'm hoping to see lots of inches lost by the end of the 30 days!
  • nannanorem
    nannanorem Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Doing the 30 Day Shred on level 1. I started it yesterday d/t my work schedule and I found out that I don't hurt as bad today like I did a week ago when I did it for one day and could barely walk the next. I also bought myself an Elliptical and I think that is helping with the leg discomfort. I am so pumped!!
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will be doing 30DS day 4 level 1 tonight when I get home. I like to try and do it in the morning but with people still sleeping in the house, and my lack of coordination I try not to wake anyone up. After 30 DS I either go for a walk with the family or hit the gym for at least half an hour.....Then I'm tired...LOL...Even day 3 of DS was kicking my butt, however Im noticing I can do more without stopping !! This HAS to work, my wedding dress depends on it...LOL
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1, level 1 of 30 Day Shred. Followed that up with 1.44 miles on my treadmill. Not sore yet, but I'm sure I will be tomorrow! :laugh:

Also making better eating choices today, so I'm loving this challenge so far! :smile:
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Doing her Beginner : frontside and backside DVD. Today was backside. I've been doing this one since just before Easter (it was my Easter present for me!) Hoping to buy a tape measure today so I can post measurements and watch them change!

I talk to her during the workout, does that make me weird? Lol!
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    Just finished my first day of 6-week, 6-pack. It was pretty good, although I prefer a little more cardio. But my core (after four babies) is weak, so I know it's good for me. We'll see if I can use my stomach muscles tomorrow! Now the fun?! of deciding what JM DVD to use tomorrow!
  • aims_bc
    aims_bc Posts: 25
    Options
    I am excited to get off work and kick off day 1 of this challenge. It's going to be tough going for me - I haven't had a regular workout routine in ages. I am new to the site and these boards and I am hoping that the support on here will keep me motivated! Wish me luck!
  • KM1970
    KM1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    banish fat and boost metabolism

tomorrow is Ripped in 30 level 3 and 3 circuits of no more trouble zones