Options

Replies

• speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    day 1 30DS and i hate jumping jacks but finished level 1 till tomorrow
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    Just finished my first day of 6 week 6 pack, it was hard but I think I am fitter than I thought after 15 days of 30DS. Keep it up guys!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OMG. I felt like I was going to die while doing 30DS. I made it through with a few short breaks. I am going to have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels. LOL!
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    Started level 1 this morning and just about died! haha It is a lot harder than it looks!
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    ...oops I don't know how to delete posts. Sorry. :ohwell:
  • radscorpion
    Options
    I just did day 1 :)

Ripped in 30 level 1, after an hour on the exercise bike and it was tough but good. I've been neglecting strength sort of exercises for a while so my arms feel pretty soft so I think this challenge will be good for me! I love me some Jillian Michaels! Haha. Looking forward to seeing results and everyone elses! :)
  • SallyGal4
    SallyGal4 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of L2 using 30ds. It's still kicking my butt. I do feel stronger though. I'm sticking with the 30 ds till it's done then I think I'll move on to NMTZ. I really want to work on strength for the second half of this challenge. Maybe I'll get BFBM as well for cardio.

I did measure myself at the beginning and wasn't going to measure until the end, but my arms look better so I gave in and brought out the tape yesterday. Down about an inch and a half on my arms!! I couldn't believe it. Can't wait till I do the final 30ds measurement in 15 days. :)

I hope you all see some good results too. Push yourselves!
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    Just completed Level 1, Week 1, Day 1 of Ripped in 30... OMG!!!!!! I just about died! My husband says I look like I dipped my face into a bronzer, it's that red! But starting was the hardest part. Chicken and veggies for dinner and then doing the dayam thing again tomorrow. I also took a before pick. I hope to have a WAY BETTER after one!!!

Stay strong and have a TERRIFIC workout!
  • SallyGal4
    SallyGal4 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm entering it under cardio as "circuit training general" for 18 minutes (I don't count the super brief warm up or cool down). I feel the number given is pretty accurate but having an hrm would probably be best. I used the following equation to get a rough estimate to compare against mfps numbers and they match up pretty consistently.

According to Jillian, a person weighing 154 lbs will burn 503 calories doing one hour of 30ds.

So: Your Weight * 503=a

a/154=b

b/3=your approximate calories burned

In this equation b is your total calories burned for one hour so you need to divide by 3 to get the 20 minute approximate burn.154

Here is mine: 226*503= 113678

113678/154=738.16

738.16/3=246 calories burned.

MFP estimates my numbers at 244 for 18 minutes, so you can see it's pretty close.

Here is a link to the original equation. Hope this helps!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53632-how-many-calories-burned-with-30-day-shred-levels?
  • vthorp
    vthorp Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I don't reay have any of Jillian Michaels DVD's but wanted to be a part of a 30 day fitness chalange. I did and hour of Step aerobics this moring and also just got off the treadmill for 1 hour. I calulated about 705 calories burned. We' see what tomorrow brings
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I cursed out Jillian today. Maybe I wont be so hard on her tomorrow.
  • aims_bc
    aims_bc Posts: 25
    Options
    Day 1 hurt...

Day 2 will probably hurt even more. What have I gotten myself into? (Hopefully a smaller size by the time it's all said and done!)
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I so did not want to keep my date with Jillian tonight but I "pushed play" and cursed her the entire time. Level 1 of 30 DS done along with a quick NMTZ. 533 calories gone according to HRM :happy:
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Day 1 (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) done!

Tomorrow I'm thinking No more trouble zones.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Week 1 of Ripped in 30 DONE!

Unlike most everyone here...I actually really dislike JM!!! Weird I know...but I've seen the results, so I'm content to give her 34 minutes of my time and curse at my TV whenever the need strikes! :grumble:

To those doing Ripped...JM says do it 5 or 6 days and make sure to take at least one day of rest. How is everyone scheduling? I've decided to do Monday-Friday all Ripped...with maybe on or two days adding in something extra. I'm just getting to be too active outside on the weekends to workout. Would love to see everyone's plans. :flowerforyou:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    I was on day 4 of level 2 BUT decided to start all over today with level 1 to stay in sequence with everyone and hopefully knowing all 168 members of this group are doing it on a daily basis will keep me motivated for the full 30 days!! Heres to everyone in the group :drinker:
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 workout and cardio from kicktsrt of body revolution. Needless to say, I am whooped. I look forward to a new workout tomorrow!

Good job to all who started today!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I did JM shred it weights level 2. I have a long way to go!
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    Day 1 of Week 1 of Ripped in 30 DONE!

Unlike most everyone here...I actually really dislike JM!!! Weird I know...but I've seen the results, so I'm content to give her 34 minutes of my time and curse at my TV whenever the need strikes! :grumble:

To those doing Ripped...JM says do it 5 or 6 days and make sure to take at least one day of rest. How is everyone scheduling? I've decided to do Monday-Friday all Ripped...with maybe on or two days adding in something extra. I'm just getting to be too active outside on the weekends to workout. Would love to see everyone's plans. :flowerforyou:

That's what I'm doing... M-F and a good run on Sat with Sunday off...
  • Monica1217
    Options
    day 1 level 1 completed not so bad i have to pick up some weights next work out day is on Wednesday workout schedule for shredding is MWF and T running Thur and Sunday weight training and Saturday rest day Happy Journey Guys!!!!