30's Daily - 4/16

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Oh, Monday. I need more coffee :smile: taking a rest day today as I'm still really sore from my workout saturday. I tried to do yoga yesterday and had to stop halfway through the dvd because my legs just couldn't take it. Good thing I didn't go to the class at the gym because that would have been really embarrassing to have to walk out in the middle!

Are we having a challenge this week?
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My allergies are INSANE from pollen right now so I'm taking my run indoors on the treadmill today. I want to scratch my eyeballs out!

I'm feeling really good after all the weeding I did this weekend, and some extra walking :)
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    OK, trying to get back into logging food and slowly return to exercising this week. I'm not going to be able to do much until I wean the baby boy in a few weeks. And hopefully at that point, my INSANE hunger will go away.

But back to today... I will log all of my food. I will drink a lot of water.

shorty313, allergies are the worst. Blah!

Hi, Stacy!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Epa - breastfeeding rocks for weight loss! I wish I still were, lol. I was within 8 lbs of goal while nursing my youngest.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    It would probably work a lot better if I didn't eat ALL the food. LOL But yes, I'm only 7 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight, so it's been fabulous for that. Too bad my muscle tone in my stomach is all gone. Pilates, here I come!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi folks, hope everyone's Monday is going well. Had a pretty normal day at work. Managed to stay on my feet all day and it looks like this week will offer a great many opportunities to burn off a few calories. Off to the gym tonight for the prize giving for the weight loss group i attended. I might have a shot at winning it but i'm up against a foe that's very tough to beat, mathematics. We shall see, I'll get a work out in after that that i think.

Have a good day.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Having a bad day - my husband bought two lemon cream buns, I had to eat one to save him from himself! (Lame excuse!!)

I really must stop blaming the kids for my weight gain - they're 8 and nearly 6 - it's hardly baby weight now!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hello! i'm having a bummer of a day. *supposed* to hear back from an interview today so all i have been doing is practically staring at the phone and willing it to ring. i hate these kinds of days. :grumble:

but hopefully i'll be back on track tomorrow. that is, if i don't have to go to jury duty. :angry:
  • shorty313
    Options
    Are we doing another weekly challenge? It looks like everyone that participated killed it last week!

Had a great indoor run, I might be the only person that prefers treadmill to outdoors.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yep . . . it's a Monday. :yawn: Had a short night due to a traumatized child. He scared himself panicked and sleepless watching some true video thing of peoples' supposed creature encounters. No laptop access for him for a few days . . .

Four and half hours sleep just doesn't cut it . . . I have to concede that I am in fact getting too old to burn the candle at both ends. I just don't bounce back like I used to in college. :tongue: Unless I can shake this monster headache my sleepless night has given me, I doubt I'll make it to the gym tonight. Maybe some yoga at home instead with the hubs . . . he's all beat up from his "old guy" baseball league practice. lol

Shorty - What is this "weekly challenge" you speak of?? :huh:
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm having a Monday, got to work, started work, 2 hours in our server went down and I lost all the work I had done this morning. It was one of those morning I wish I kept a little bottle of something strong in my desk. :)

Oh well it's not the end of the world. After some cursing and swearing life does carry on.

On the plus side, a local radio station announced the line up for our big "modern rock" festival for this summer. Linken Park, Incubus, Fun., Silversun Pickups, Young the Giant, +more. So I'm pretty excited, it's always a great time. Lots of music, beer, and fun with friends.

The weekend wasn't too bad as far as healthy food went since we didn't go out for any meals, and at home it's rare that I cook anything really bad. Even if it's something higher in calories/fat I try an balance it with lots of veggies and while grains.

Today is leftovers from the weekend, so I should make out OK. Tonight is a cardio night at the gym, but the sun is shining after a miserable weekend so maybe I'll hit the trails instead.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Had an ok day although my food varied from my plan a bit. Skipped lunch (not on purpose) and for the first time in a long time was noticeably hungry by mid afternoon. I did get to the gym for a bit of cardio, but went easy because I was sore from hiking yesterday. Amazingly I dropped a whopping 7 pounds since I weighed I think just 4-5 days ago... I figure I either was clothed (I usually weigh just before am shower naked) or bloated before, or am dehydrated today after my hike... or both, either way, I guess a few days will tell.

Tried a new recipe for dinner tonight, lettuce wraps homemade in the style of PF Chang's they were was delicious. Even my teen boys loved it. Ate more pot stickers than I would like to admit though..

Tired now so off to bed...

Nite all :wink:
  • lbcbeachbum77
    Options
    Sorry.. forgot the quote
  • lbcbeachbum77
    Options
    Hi folks, hope everyone's Monday is going well. Had a pretty normal day at work. Managed to stay on my feet all day and it looks like this week will offer a great many opportunities to burn off a few calories. Off to the gym tonight for the prize giving for the weight loss group i attended. I might have a shot at winning it but i'm up against a foe that's very tough to beat, mathematics. We shall see, I'll get a work out in after that that i think.

Have a good day.

So... did you win?
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It would probably work a lot better if I didn't eat ALL the food. LOL But yes, I'm only 7 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight, so it's been fabulous for that. Too bad my muscle tone in my stomach is all gone. Pilates, here I come!
    Oh, no, girl....Eat those calories! You and your baby need them! :)