Day 1 of NROLFW...here goes nothing!

Options
kjerstenkipp
kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
Well I am excited...Day 1. It didn't take as much time as I thought it would but it was more work than I thought it would be. I am not new to lifting, I am not even new to lifting heavy but I am new to the "total body" concept. I used to lift chest and tris, back and bis, then legs and shoulders so this is different. I have to say I was really sweating this morning. I normally don't really sweat while lifting (even running, it takes me about a mile before I start to sweat). Today it was pouring down my back...very exciting, gross but exciting. Let's see how I feel tomorrow morning :-) I just wanted to say "Yay!" I am on the road to buff :-)

Replies

• eugenia1073
    eugenia1073 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today was my first day too!!!
    I really enjoyed the workout.
    I was worried about the swiss ball exercise but I did it!!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    the book is on its way from amazon, can't wait to get started.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my book was just shipped yesterday and i'm PSYCHED.
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    Hi! Today was my first day too!!!
    I really enjoyed the workout.
    I was worried about the swiss ball exercise but I did it!!
    We can be friends and keep each other on track...accountability always helps me.
  • eugenia1073
    eugenia1073 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sure!!
    Are you sore today? I am not! I wanted too. I have also been doing weights for almost a year now. At the beginning I was sore after each session, but not recently.
    I guess I have no excuses and I´ll go jogging today.
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    I have been lifting pretty steady since January...so I am not sore. I can tell I did a little somethin' - somethin' but I am not crawling down the hallway and taking advil or anything :-). I ran this morning...you are good for your jog. Looking forward to tomorrow, deadlifts- it has been a minute since I have done those.
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started Stage 1 at least 4 times (and didn't finish the stage until this last try). I don't really know why, I guess I just wasn't committed. Well fast forward a few months, and today was my first Stage 3B workout! The beginning of a new stage is always a little challenging, but I have to say, I enjoy the workout and I enjoy what working out has done for my body.

The hardest part for me, was getting over the intimidation factor at the gym. But now I'm a regular, who shares the machines with all the crazy weight lifting guys, and I'm just a 51 year old mom trying to get fit.

I wish you all the best of luck. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how strong you really are!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my first workout today. I'm pumped!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Jealous of you all - i still have to buy equipment!!
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Okay I have officially started as of today. I'm feeling pretty good.

How are the other people who started Stage 1 recently doing? I fell like I saw a bunch of people start last week so wondering how is week 2 of stage 1 going? Any lessons learned so far?
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    Week 2 Stage 1...workout B2...not too shabby...I was a little sore last week...well not sore-sore, more like I could tell I had been working. It has been a while since I have done dead lifts...I noticed that in my hamstrings and my bum :-) All is well...pressing on to A3 on Wednesday....
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I started yesterday - Hate the rest day - i wanna work out again!!!!
  • kimgettinfit
    kimgettinfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My book should be here tomorrow. I am so glad there are a lot of you out there just starting and/or have been doing this program. How inspiring! I just learned of it two days ago. My friend and I want to start next week!!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i'm with you, i feel great! can't quite get the hang of the prone jackknife but I'll give it time. I can't believe how much i sweat!
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    i'm with you, i feel great! can't quite get the hang of the prone jackknife but I'll give it time. I can't believe how much i sweat!
    Keep working that jackknife...I found that doing it in front of a mirror (facing the mirror) squared it away for me...
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    A-3 Tomorrow!!! Yay!...I will look like a female superhero in no time! I may have to break out the Wonder Woman costume.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My book should be here by the weekend!! I cant wait to get going
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am starting stage 3 this week and love it! :love:
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1 yesterday and am feeling it in my abs. And my neck is a little sore, more from the pressure of the bar.

Although, I did not do as many push ups as I was suppose to, but I did as many as a could.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1 yesterday and am feeling it in my abs. And my neck is a little sore, more from the pressure of the bar.

Although, I did not do as many push ups as I was suppose to, but I did as many as a could.

Good job!
    I'm about two weeks into stage 1. I am really starting to feel it.
    I have had some help from one of the trainers at the gym to help with my form. Nevertheless my back is a little twingy today after my morning work out, so I am going to have to be careful.