help/advice on macros

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i have never gone over on my calories but i seem to always be over for my carbs and sugar.... i tend to eat a normal amount of fresh fruit and yogurt healthy stuff should i try to cut back? i wanna hit my calories and i feel if its fresh and healthy then it should be good anyone else out there going through this as well?

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue in the beginning, adjusting to the new macros can be a challenge. Food-tetris if you will. I forget who said it, but I saw it in one of Gemi's comment chains and I've loved the analogy ever since.

I don't track sugar anymore, because I'm a fruit fiend, and if I were to follow the sugar guidelines I wouldn't be able to chow down on strawberries, grapes, bananas, apples, oranges, and blueberries like I do almost every day. The 5 things I have across the bottom of my diary are calories, carbs, fat, protein, fiber, and sodium. I refuse to give up fruit for the sake of hitting some arbitrary sugar level that would rob me of lots of other good nutrients I'm getting in the process.

I would say just track carbs, and try to replace or reduce some of your more carb heavy snacks or sides with something more protein or healthy fat based (I switched out granola bars for string cheese, and baked chips for unsalted dry roasted peanuts for example). It took me a couple of weeks but I've almost got the hang of this game. My biggest issue is getting all that food in without going insanely over on sodium! :)