Hello!

Options
d3mon4ngel
d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
Hi all,

I'm a little shortie at 5'3" and I'm currently 173.8lbs. My goal is to get to 132, though anything below 140 will be a bonus :smile:

I've just joined this group today. I've been reading into BMR, TDEE and looking at the fat2fitradio website. Looking forward to getting used to eating sensible meals and not underfeeding myself. Because I'm a shortie, MFP had set my calorie goal for 1lb/week to 1350, which is more than 200 under my current BMR :noway:

I've decided to set my intake to my goal weight sedentary TDEE *. It doesn't give me all that much "play" between my current BMR and goal (1563 vs 1650), but I'm hedging towards going slightly over rather than ever going under. I'm logging all exercise and eating back those calories. As it progresses, I'll probably tweak it here and there, but mostly I feel like I need to get used to the amount of food that I can eat at my goal weight.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I'm going to see how it goes. I welcome suggestions for improvement on my plan :smile:

Thanks for reading! :flowerforyou:

* ETA: I should mention that I'm at a desk job all day, and I'm currently on week 5 of C25K. I don't think of myself as active in the slightest. I go from my computer at work, to my computer at home, which is where I'm parked for the night, though I am doing my best to change this routine!

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)

I think as long as you eat enough to NET your BMR (meaning when you exercise, eat back enough so that your net is over 1563) that you will be fine. Good luck and make sure you snoop around, lots of valuable information nuggets spread through the stickies!
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Hi - - I too am 5'3 and last weight in was 181 (Started at 193). MFP also had my Calorie goal below by BMR b/c I choose sedentary as I have a desk job. But I try to be active while at work, taking walks at lunch and do elliptical at home and weekend walks. So I'm thinking I loss wt at the beginning b/c my metabolism hadn't reset to the lower intake but then after about 2.5 months, my wt loss stalled. So I re-calculated and now have a goal of 1900. I just started this last Monday, so I waiting a few weeks to reweigh myself. OH and my goal weight is to get below 140!

Good luck with your journey!