Slim Down Columbia Challenge

Options
ape087
ape087 Posts: 30 Member
Good Afternoon everyone!

So I dont know if you guys have heard of this or not, but the University Hospital Tiger Institute is cohosting a slim down columbia challenge. It is a FREE challenge that is open to anyone who wants to participate to help weight loss. The gist of it is simple, Columbia as a whole is overweight, and they need help. What this challenge does is puts people into "teams", weights time in once the week of May 1, then the week of August 1, and see what people can accomplish through teamwork.

I was thinking that we should make a CoMo MFP team! I know most of us have never met, but we are all united through this. Each team is 4-6 people, and you never have to meet if you dont want to. You just weigh in at one of the various Hyvee's now, then again in August, and use us at support. That simple!

Ive posted the link below. Let me know if your interested in joining, and go ahead and make your Cerner account. Once you do that, let me know, and we will form a team! Im super excited about this, and hope you guys are too! Get to registering, and also thinking of those team names!

www.ColumbiaSlimdownChallenge.com

Its time to make the change! Lets help each other!

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i think this is a great idea
  • ape087
    ape087 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you wanna join our team?
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    I will but I'm not sure how much of an asset I will be: I haven't much to lose and I'm making a point of losing it as slowly as possible.

But the motivation to work out sure would be nice!
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    I'd like to join! I am not sure how much I'd slim down--does it have to be pounds, or can it be inches? I'm doing more strength training and exchanging fat for muscle, so the scale isn't changing much, but my body is!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    hey, is this happening? what's the news :smile: