how many carbs do you all eat ?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i enjoy fresh fruit whole grains and i eat about 220 carbs a day i have been maintaining my weight and trying to tone and lean out ... i am about 133 lbs and 5'2.5 27 yo wife and mom to to 2 boys 5 mths and 3yrs.... i circuit train alot i was wondering if anyone eats that many carbs i always eat around 80-100 grams of protein a day as well... i just have had it hammered in my brain that carbs are bad so am i doing a "bad" thing by eating this much...

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You should eat your weight in protein...so yes that is 133gr a day. I eat at least 166 a day, which is a little over, but I am trying to build muscle.

I have my ratios now set to 35/35/30, just to make sure I hit my protein numbers. But 40/30/30 is what most I have read suggest for macros. That gets me close, but I am anal, so I like to have my goal at what I am going to get in.

I eat about 166 carbs a day...sometimes go over by a few.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    220 is not "that much" girl. :tongue: Don't stress yourself over carbs. Especially if you restricted them for a while, your body probably needs them. Like Lucia, I'm at 35/35/30, but we are at a different place in our journey right now. We don't recommend that anyone just starting out begin restricting carbs from the jump. 40% of your intake should be fine. Just try to focus on getting your protein in (try getting up to the 100-130 range), staying withoin range for your fat, and let the carbs take up whatever is left over. When you look at it that way, you pretty much always fall in line w/carbs, since protein and carbs have the same cal/g ratio.

I ate 222g of carbs today, and as you know, we have pretty much the same stats, w/exception to you being a young buck :wink:

No biggie.

~Kiki