Woolworths

Options
CassieReannan
CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
What are your essentials when shopping there? I need more variety!

Replies

• fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What are your essentials when shopping there? I need more variety!

Um...my frequent shopper card? Other than that, nothing that is *specifically* Woolies. But I *will* be looking for that Slim Pasta there next time. Coles didn't have it.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Ingham turkey breast! and slim pasta :) I only find these things in Woolworths. Coles suck!
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Slim pasta?! What isle?
  • fragilegift
    Options
    Slim pasta?! What isle?

I think I found it in with the gluten free stuff, but don't quote me.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tamara valley no sugar added yoghurt!

Oh and also uncle toby's weight wise oatmeal :D

I'll actually be in WW town hall, Bondi & Burwood over the next week sampling pascall's new marshmallow bites (not diet friendly, but I need money to go overseas! hahah)
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Slim pasta is usually in the health food section.

However, I have found it with the pasta isle in the smaller stores.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Freshly Roasted chicken
    Ingham 97% fat free turkey slices
    Inghams 97% fat free chicken slices
    Home brand reduced fat creamy cottage cheese
    Select home brand frozen blueberries
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    chicken
    low fat cottage cheese
    pantalica ricotta cheese (for cheesecakes)
    shoulder bacon
    quick oats
    basa fillets
    whatever frozen veggies are on special
  • anaussie
    Options
    other day they had TimTam (original) 365g value pack on sale @ 50% discount. I bought 6. I'm hiding one for myself. I'll eat it all.... all ....ME ALONE.. ME ME ME....the day scale reads 60kg. :love:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    other day they had TimTam (original) 365g value pack on sale @ 50% discount. I bought 6. I'm hiding one for myself. I'll eat it all.... all ....ME ALONE.. ME ME ME....the day scale reads 60kg. :love:

Have you tried Gaiety?.....They are sssoooo much yummier the tim tams...........
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts
    Chicken thighs
    Black Swan low fat Greek yoghurt
    Be natural muesli bars
    Coon light cheese slices
    Meat or fish if we haven't been to the fish shop or bulk butcher recently.

I usually buy fruit and veg at the market and non-perishables (tinned tomatoes, stock, oatmeal, rice, pasta, crackers etc) at Cash and Carry - both are cheaper than Woolies.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ill have to look for the low cal pasta!! never seen it there before

but i go to woolies to get my laughing cow. coles doesnt stock it.. but then i go to coles for sauces and a LOT of other things because woolies have deleted them now!! *hiss* how DARE they remove my classic tomato sauce!!! hahahah
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Went to get the slim pasta today and the shelf was empty, bugger it. I think it's catching on.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    coles has changs super low cal noodles for 2 for $3 this week. Same thing.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Went to get the slim pasta today and the shelf was empty, bugger it. I think it's catching on.

I tried slim pasta last night in my stir fry. AHH!! Its so good.
  • fragilegift
    Options
    coles has changs super low cal noodles for 2 for $3 this week. Same thing.

Oh, I'll have to look for those. Have to go back that way tomorrow.
  • anaussie
    Options
    Ingham turkey breast! and slim pasta :) I only find these things in Woolworths. Coles suck!

We tried recently Hans 97% fat free turkey slices....cheaper..we found it less salty....convenient in 150g x 2 individual packs.
  • fragilegift
    Options
    ill have to look for the low cal pasta!! never seen it there before

but i go to woolies to get my laughing cow. coles doesnt stock it.. but then i go to coles for sauces and a LOT of other things because woolies have deleted them now!! *hiss* how DARE they remove my classic tomato sauce!!! hahahah

I've seen Laughing Cow at A Coles (not mine, coz I haven't looked). Some is on special (reduced to clear) at my Woolies this week.

Woolies also have Val Verde tomatoes with olives which (my) Coles don't have. Woolies also have the brown rice crackers I like. Not to mention the fuel is right there, so is a greengrocer, asian stores, etc. Who wants to tell me why I shop at Coles then? O.o

I found the Changs noodles, I got the last 2 of the 3 on the shelf! The Slim Pasta was 'temporarily unavailable' in Woolies (there was a couple stuffed right at the back of the shelf though), and 3.69! Changs was a much better deal!! I did notice that the Angel hair Slim Pasta is fully gluten free (made with the same weird stuff as the Changs noodles), while the spaghetti one wasn't.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I'm talking raw turkey breast. I don't like the crazy amounts of sodium in it like that processed junk!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered well naturally sugar free chocolate, as well as some date based confectionary items... whilst they may not be healthy, there are not a lot of vegan treats out there, and everyone wants a treat every now and then.

I am doing my level best to become a vegan at the moment, converting from vegetarianism.