Weekly Challenge: April 16-22

Options
Looks like we totally rocked it last week! I promise to sit down and do math to give us some totals tomorrow.

Let's up the ante this week and go for 100 minutes this week! I want to make a little hall of fame for everyone who meets the challenge. Eventually we'll have to try for something other than just more minutes. I have a couple of ideas. Let me know if you can think of cool challenges we should try.

You need 100 minutes to stay on the board this week, so lace up those sneakers and get moving!

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Last Week's Successful Challengers (90 minute challenge):
    Cristi (blueyedcrist)
    Ellie (ellie78)
    Camsmommy
    Blueyez82
    Sonya (sonyachan)
    Stacy (chanstriste13)
    Erica (epa422)
    Debbie (shorty313)
    Melissa (lissa0040)
    Paul (pjyoung2012)
    Sara Grace (saragrace82)

Our weekly total was 2,813 minutes for all those who reported a weekly total! That is almost two 24 hour days worth of exercise!!

Let's have a round of applause for our challengers!!! Did I miss anyone? Let me know if I messed up your name or if you have a shorter nickname you would like to go by.

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Stacy - 225 days
    Ellie - 80 days
    Erica - 80 days
    Debbie - 65 days
    blueyez82 - 53 days
    camsmommy - 45 days
    Cristi - 35 days
    Paul - 30 days
    Sara Grace - 30 days
    Susan- 25 days
    Gwen (sweetfacephot) - 5 days

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Wow! Amazing effort last week, everyone!

I went for a 30-minute walk with my son and husband last night. It was nice to get moving again, but oh man am I out of shape. Pushing a stroller and a slow pace nearly did me and I'm sore today. :blushing: Got to figure out how to squeeze at least 70 more minutes in this week. Hmm...
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm at 65 days in a row, please add me!

Exercise - M: 52 min cardio, 25 min lifting = 77 minutes

Debbie
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I wanna play! :happy: How (and to whom) should I report??
  • shorty313
    Options

Right here! We've all been chiming in daily and adding up our totals along the way. :smile:
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Monday report 1hr and 15minutes! Hope to log some more time in later! : )
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Okay - Monday was 40 minutes for me. Not sure how many login days I have at the moment . . .

Susan
  • SaraGrace82
    Options

Right here! We've all been chiming in daily and adding up our totals along the way. :smile:

Yep! Just post up your weekly total on Sunday or Monday! You can also let me know when you hit a new log in benchmark during the week and I'll try to be diligent about editing the list.

Last night we did 45 minutes of weight lifting and 45 minutes of walking the dog! 90 minutes! And I got to 30 days today!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Erica - I notice that you hit 80 days logging in today! Congrats! I went ahead and updated your numbers.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I managed 55 minutes last night of cardio. Hopefully i can match that tonight. Can someone tell me how i work out how many days i've logged in?
  • susieq101178
    Options
    I managed 55 minutes last night of cardio. Hopefully i can match that tonight. Can someone tell me how i work out how many days i've logged in?

Periodically MFP will automatically post how many days in a row you've logged in - it may count by 5's . . . I'm not sure. Anyone know how often it posts this stat?

Yes - must be every 5 days . . . I stalked PJ's profile and found his 30 from 4 days ago, then scrolled back on my own and found 25 from 4 days ago. :tongue:
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok kids, let's do this. I want in on the fun. So last night I did about 75 minutes of swimming, felt great. Hopefully tonight I can get a full 60 minutes in. We'll see :).

Best of luck to all in today's activities!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Thanks, Sara!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Ah, many thanks Susi Q :-). Managed 50 minutes tonight at the gym. 35 on the treadmill and 15 on the rowing machine. Going to have the night off tomorrow. I have some gardening to do as the pak choi growing on my window is starting to get big. Plus i'm going to try and grow my own spinich this year.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Sara Grace: thank you so much for doing the challenges and keeping on top of everyone so well!!

I am officially at 45 days logged as of today and 15lbs lost in those 45 days (not too shabby)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    225 days for me! :)

Oh and 60 minutes so far this week.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I will finish my 100 minutes later today. What would you guys think of making next week's challenge a little tougher. We are young, tough, and most of us are blowing these minutes out of the water and those of us who aren't can have something to aspire to. Or maybe have a beginners challenge and an advance challenge. Read over the strain. Most of us are doing 45-60 minute workouts all at once. Just a thought.
  • shorty313
    Options
    W: 40 min cardio plus 25min lifting = 65 today.

Weekly total so far: 142 minutes
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Mon - Wed total exercise 150min!!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    On Wednesdays daily thread there was some chatter about upping the challenge goals. I'll explain my logic and we can decide if what might work best for everyone.

So my theory was to start small and build up the minutes for working out incrementally in hopes of getting as many folks on the challenge completed list as possible. I figured once people got on the list they would have an interest in staying there. Also, small increases would make getting on the board a little easier for the newbies. Of course, eventually we will be at a more intense level anyway. Anyhow, I figured we would work our way up to 30 minutes everyday since that is a good doctor recommended amount and something generally doable even for busy folks (especially if you count going for walks). Then I was thinking up extra challenges to keep things interesting. For example, a "Work hard, play hard" challenge where you go out and do something you loved doing as a child for exercise - so things like riding a bike, throwing a baseball, hula hooping, playing frisbee. I have a small list of ideas like that. I was going to keep some a secret just for the surprise element, but I can also share them with everyone so we can decide if they are fun or not. It would also be great to hear other ideas for challenges.

All that being said we could do a beginners level challenge and an advanced level if we wanted to pick up the pace a bit. Or we could just shift everything into high gear. Adding side challenges would also be fun. Why is water so darn hard to drink??

What do you guys think? I am totally open to whatever the group wants.