C25K - Official Start Date May 7th

Options
yogibella
yogibella Posts: 321 Member
I put C25K on my fitness bucket list and thanks to this group I've set a start date and found a running buddy! Shady81x and I are officially starting on May 7th. Until then, Shady is getting proper shoes while training for a 2-day mountain climb. I've started some W1 runs while doing my usual yoga & cardio and we are both pumped to start!

So does anyone else want to join us? Are you still on the couch portion of C25K? Perhaps you started but need to get back into it again? Maybe you're still stuck on the beginning weeks? Or perhaps you just learned what C25K was and sighing some relief that it's not some 25K race? :D

Sometimes that first run is always the hardest. So if you want some extra support and motivation, come join us!! :smile:

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    check out a group called 225k May-June. There is a group starting. I have already started but I am taking the program slower. I have a LOT of weight to lose. I am going to repeat week 1 and probably spend a couple weeks on week 2 and take it from there. I'm sure you will catch up with me around week 3 or 4. I could use all the motivation I can get.
  • yogibella
    Options
    that's great janet! I've never been a runner so I may end up repeating weeks too, which is totally fine. In fact, I've been really inspired by some here on MFP who had to repeat weeks over and over again but persisted and never gave up until they could run! Takes a lot of work and courage. Let's keep each other motivated:smile:
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    haha same, I forsee myself having to repeat weeks - especially towards the later part. W1 & W2 seems doable after I get my shoes (yes, am keeping my fingers crossed tt the new pair of shoes am gonna get will magically negate any foot pain), but Week 3... that jog for 3min part looks a little dauting.

Gotta remind myself, Abel Township (Zombies, Run) is waiting for me! :bigsmile:

Edited to add - plus the bonus pair of brand new shoes when we complete the program!
  • shady81x
    Options
    omg it's 7th May today!!! Will be checking back later! :wink:
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today too! About to go out for my first run now... wish me luck!
  • shady81x
    Options
    I'm starting it today too! About to go out for my first run now... wish me luck!

Not gonna do that, cos am sure you don't need the luck. Instead, gonna wish you... HAVE LOADS OF FUN! :wink:
  • Kaydana123
    Options
    It started raining when I was about halfway around... but I completed it! :D
  • shady81x
    Options
    Phew I'm back too. W1D1 done! :bigsmile:
  • yogibella
    Options
    WTG shady & kaydana!!

Did my W1D1 too! woo-hoo:happy:

How are you guys tracking your runs/calorie burns? I really want to get an HRM now cuz I don't know how off I am in my calculation...

LAST CALL for those that want to start this week!! the weather is getting nicer, days are longer, etc, etc,...come join us!
  • shady81x
    Options
    yay yogi!! :drinker:

I've got RunKeeper on the background while I do my runs. Tracks the distance and gives an estimated cal burn (that I think is highly exaggerated). I'm tempting to get a HRM too, kinda curious how much it burns but I guess... as long as I can run that 5k after, its good enough!
  • Kaydana123
    Options
    W1D2 done! :D
  • shady81x
    Options

nice job! :flowerforyou:
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options

congrats!
  • yogibella
    Options
    great job kaydana!

D2 is done for me as well! it's usually the first few intervals that are the easiest but it was the other way around today...first few the hardest and it got easier as it went along!

where are you at clariangel?
  • Kaydana123
    Options
    Finished week 1!

For me it's the intervals in the middle that are the hardest. The first couple seem really easy, then it gets harder, but by the last couple of intervals I don't want to stop.
  • shady81x
    Options
    Nice job kaydana :bigsmile:

I'm just done with W1D2. Got an inkling that I'll have to push W1D3 to the nxt week though, and fit 4 running days in so I won't lag behind. Mhmm... my problem come towards the end actually, when my foot starts to hurt. By the time it's cooldown, I'm like starting to hobble already. Didn't happen when I did D1, but it happened earlier for D2. Blehh, great singapore sale's coming soon, gonna go see if I can get a nice pair of runners that will make this easier.
  • yogibella
    Options
    W1D3 done!

@shady - you still haven't gotten your shoes? go get a good pair already!! :D I find that my feet swells considerably and it hurts if I lace up my runners too tight. Try loosening it up a bit and be sure to stay hydrated:)
  • shady81x
    Options
    Waiting for the Great Singapore Sale to go get myself fitted for a pair. Expensive >_<"
  • Kaydana123
    Options
    W2D1 done!

Shady, what kind of surface are you running on? My feet start to hurt if I run on a hard surface, but they're fine when I run on grass. Is there somewhere you could run with a softer surface to see if that might help?
  • shady81x
    Options
    Eeps I gave in. Bought a pair of New Balance 860v2 running shoes @ a sports fair earlier. Now am broke for the rest of May :sad:

I'm running on concrete I think. Paved surface. Had the same pain while I was running on treadmill too. There isn't a grassy trail near where I am unfortunately or that would have been my 1st choice. It's supposed to a "stability" pair so keeping fingers crossed tt it will help. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow!