Introductions

Options
StephD1185
StephD1185 Posts: 58 Member
Hello all! I recently discovered that I have been a closet nerd my entire life -- the past year I have embraced all kinds of things that I thought I would never like, but I actually love! I just joined MFP and saw this group, after checking out the NF site I figured I would join up with some like minded people.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hello and I have always know I am a nerd . Hello peeps :smile:
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wow, the first two posts were from women! Until I met my wife, I didn't know female nerds existed, and I figured she was the last of a dying breed!

In any case, how big a nerd am I? I actually found the Nerd Fitness site via a Google search for "jedi workouts" and "superhero workouts." Although, I have to say, looking at what some of the kids are into these days, I think my nerd cred may be a bit outdated. ... I know little about the vast majority of anime out there, and even less about the current hot video games. I'm into old-school comics, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.

And, for the record, I never in a million years thought I would be so into working out!
  • mlegosz
    mlegosz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I started using MFP about 65 days ago after losing 10 pounds on my own. I found Nerd Fitness the other day and now I'm more convinced than ever on how I'm going to get my goals.

My nerd cred? I'm a DBA by day, and enjoy xbox in my spare time, although lately my spare time has become exercising, workouts and sports. Probably for the best...

cheers, Mark
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I knew I was in the right place when I saw legos and star wars references galore. I guess I'm also an old school nerd, even though I'm only 30 :)
  • blunder_bolt
    blunder_bolt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I googled "Geek" and "fitness" and found NF! I love it, the idea of gamification of fitness, the articles and the community. Its helped me loads.

I'm also kingclumsy on there and and my challenge thread is http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?20955-Kingclumsy-Goes-Back-to-Basics here. (excuse the clumsy link)

Feel free to add me there or here.
  • jcmrqz
    jcmrqz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I always was the nerdest nerd in school. While in college there was a time I got obsessed with fitness and spent a whole summer learning all i could, reading books and research papers on fitness. I become kind of a fitness nerd then. That summer I lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I worked out doing weight training for my remaining 2 years in college. I regained most of that weight since then -with considerably more lean mass than before- and now I am starting this year, 2013, with the goal of lowering my percentage of fat down to a healthy level.

salute.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Same name over at NF, where I'm a half-ogre ranger. Feel free to look me up. http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/user/9950-jimmie65/
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I was definitely an awkward nerd in school, though I suppose geek is the label most would apply to me as an adult.

I know I've read at least one or two articles at Nerd Fitness before (Walking to Mordor springs to mind), but didn't realize it was a community site until a month ago or so. I recently joined the rebellion as "Bloom".
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I found Nerd Fitness, prob through a paleo blog but love the common sense approach and humor. I've never cared for Star Wars *gasp* but I like MTG, Vertigo Comics, Bioshock, GW2 amongst other things. I consider myself an adventurer!
  • ellaj78
    ellaj78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My people!!! :happy:

I'm Ella, and I've been following NF for a few years. My favorite blog post "It Will Never Be" is posted in my cubicle at work along with the Rules of the Rebellion (which is also on my fridge lol). I'm also part of the NF forums (http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/user/11910-ellagirl/), but haven't posted much due to being a little shy about posting/blogging, um, anything. But, I'm hoping to change that a bit in 2013. Feel free to send friend requests here or on NF if you need/can give support. :smile:
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a new recuit to the rebellion... seems quiet in here ;)
  • EmmaH14
    EmmaH14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I found NF a couple of months ago but just lurked for a while. In the last week I've started with the Rebel Fitness Guide and started logging what I eat on MFP. So far so good, just hope I can keep it up!

Nice to see other nerds on here :)
  • childofscorn
    Options
    Hey all, let's get some more action up in here!
    I'm a nerd from the cradle and proud of it! No seriously, my dad would play Star Trek reruns to help me fall asleep. ^_^ I've just started using this particular app, but i've tried others before that i've kinda let fall to the wayside because I didn't have any sort of support system. It's good to see nerds sticking together!
  • MuirinArcher
    MuirinArcher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sindil and I'm new to the site. I'm super excited and motivated and pumped. I recently got out of a horrible domestic situation and have started off on a new leg.
    I'm recently moved and already stocked up my fridge with healthies, bike to work, and am on the positive side of of having that horrible weight on my shoulders for the past year. I'm ready to get out and enjoy the weather and try to get myself back to where I need to be. I've never been worse than I am right now, and I want this to be the peak where I start to fall and go back down. I'd really love everyone to friend me and talk to me and whatever. I love being friends and want to help others as well!

I'm big into roleplaying, tabletop, rpgs/adventure games, Nintendo. I worship Zelda (even have a zelda tattoo), and love Dungeon Defenders. Find me on Steam: Ceruleanarcher.

I am a huge gamer geek. Unfortunantly...the huge part is not only just how big of a gamer I am, but also my physical size. So I'm working on it. Help and motivation is definitely loved!

Can't wait to hear from you guys!
  • xenvrae
    xenvrae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Kyrsten. I found Nerd Fitness through Google as well.

I'm an anime nerd, play video games, cosplay, read, watch Doctor Who, and even play MTG on occasion. I'm a huge fan of Iron Man and I'm hoping to lose enough weight to wear the suit of Iron Man armor I'm currently building. I love going to conventions (I missed SDCC which makes me sad). Feel free to add me.
  • quantamech
    quantamech Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all, let's get some more action up in here!
    I'm a nerd from the cradle and proud of it! No seriously, my dad would play Star Trek reruns to help me fall asleep. ^_^ I've just started using this particular app, but i've tried others before that i've kinda let fall to the wayside because I didn't have any sort of support system. It's good to see nerds sticking together!

Well I still fall asleep to Star Trek reruns so that is awesome! Nice to find fellow nerds on here :)
  • eph61820
    eph61820 Posts: 2
    Options
    Surprised not to see more folks interacting on here, then I realized I get it... I have been a NF fan for only a couple months... Just adjusted to Paleo, losing weight after plateauing a bit due to NF changes... Just fired up again to see results... goal is to lose at least 50lbs this year... currently at a 23lbs loss since resolution day! Also not much for living my life through forums, status updates, and the like too... so I get it... Anyhow... thanks for NF for great content and motivational tools. I have more energy and feel better than I have already in a while.
  • HoneyFrogger
    HoneyFrogger Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone I'm Wilma X New to Here & Nerd Fitness I joined a while back get only starting to get the "Get Up and Go", Attitude :)
  • chuck_the_ham
    chuck_the_ham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy, nerds! I'm Charles. I just joined MFP today. So glad to have found a NF group.
  • CCBMontes
    CCBMontes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined the Nerd Fitness Academy back on October 11, 2017! I've been active in the groups on Facebook and now I'm branching out to the MyFitnessPal and FitBit communities. I look forward to working with everyone here, on FB, FitBit, and Rising Heroes!