New to the group!

Options
Hey All!

Im new in the group too! I just wanted to say hello!

I got all my calculations done and reset my MFP goals to match my TDEE/BMR
(thanks for the links in the TDEE article, the ones there actually matched the read out i had from when I joined the gym at the very beginning of March)

so Im now working on eating more, and even though I know its better for me, I feel huge. Ive got the bloated belly-omg-is-that a-food-baby thing going on. LOL
I know its mostly water and just bloat.

That doesn't make it any easier to look at, but Im plowing through!

Thanks for the great articles and support team!

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I feel huge. Ive got the bloated belly-omg-is-that a-food-baby thing going on.

Love the way you put this!
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm new here too. I love how you described your bloat! Best of luck to you!
  • IrishPiratess
    Options
    hee hee!!! Thanks!! Glad I could share a smile with you both!

Gotta be able to laugh to get through this right!?
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LOL. We've all been there, girl :laugh:

Try to find you a good digestive enzyme and probiotic while you ride out the wave....it'll make for a bit more pleasurable experience while your body adjusts.... :wink:
  • Acaravello
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the group too! All I can say is eating more is A LOT harder than I thought!! Its past dinner time, I still have 457 calories left and I don't know how I'm going to eat them all before bed! Seems crazy to me (and kinda scary!!)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the group too! All I can say is eating more is A LOT harder than I thought!! Its past dinner time, I still have 457 calories left and I don't know how I'm going to eat them all before bed! Seems crazy to me (and kinda scary!!)
    A protein shake with peanut butter, milk, banana...should about do it. :)
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    A protein shake with peanut butter, milk, banana...should about do it. :)
    [/quote]
    Or if you are bad like me, a protein shake with a scoop of ice cream in it should do it... (eh, its TOM here, allow me that little splurge... I actually measured out and leveled my ice cream in a half-cup measuring cup...)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You're gonna love it here!!!
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have just joined as well, although I upped my calories to 1700 about 1.5 weeks ago. To me, this all just makes sense and is much more sustainable, which I think is the failure of low cal "diets." Since joining MFP I have lost ZERO weight,( I stuck with 1200 cals for 30 days then said "forget it!") but I think I have lost a few inches.

I do Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred or Ripped in 30 4 days a week and walk 60 minutes twice a week. I would love to get into more heavier lifting but need to find something to do from home. With three kids, it's just too hard to get to a gym. Any suggestions??

I am excited to see where this journey takes me, and I have been patient with the process so far ( but oh, will I celebrate when I see some more inches lost and fat loss!)