I am a bottomless pit...eat

Options
AmyzNewGroove
AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
I have been slowly upping my cals (started at 1400 in March and bounced around for awhile) and finally arriving at my 15% cut TDEE (~1855) last week. I almost always net that TDEE (aka I eat my exercise cals back). I thought at this point my stomach would be satisfied with my intake (eating almost 2100 cals on exercise days!) but I seem to be more hungry than before! Is this part of the adjustment? Or should I be listening to my stomach and eating more? I'm doing pretty well keeping my macros at the 40/30/30 recommendation & I drink at least 8 cups of water everyday (not including the water in coffee or my smoothies). Appreciate any input (please take a look at my food diary if it helps).

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When I first upped my calories from 1500-1800 up to 2300-2600 I was stuffed all the time for several days. Then I was ravenous for several days. And it has since dropped off to normal hunger cues and satisfaction with meals and snacks. It's just your metabolism revving up because you're feeding it more. It'll go away soon. :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Girl you sound like me...when I am hungry, I will eat more...but go for more protein dense food.

Though it may throw your macros off a little try eating 1gr prot per lb of your body weight to see if it helps.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    eating more revvs the metabolism, so it's normal first feel stuffed, and then get hungry as your body acclimates and expects food. ;) it's one of the first signs that your body is reacting positively to the increase
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is me as well. I have been ravenous the last few days. The pattern is that I'm never hungry after a workout. Then a few hours afterward or the next morning, I'm really hungry .... like eat everything in sight kind of hunger. Workouts seem to squash my appetite temporarily. I don't know what I'd do without peanut butter. When my body is hungry, but I don't feel like eating, I can suffer through a spoon of peanut butter.

Today, my net is still about 500 short of my BMR and I can't think of anything else to eat that's calorie dense but nutritious. This is a first, so I guess I won't fret today's net calories. Only netted a little over 1000. I normally net a minimum of 1535 and average about 1700 or more.