Progress

Options
NewFitKeri
NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
Question for you ladies who have competed or are looking to compete...Have any of you lost a significant amount of weight and then are now into competing? If so, could you give your HW, CW and what helped get you there? And if you have pics that would be awesome!!!

Thanks so much!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll post photos when I get home from work tonight, but I am currently training for my first figure competition. I lost 90 pounds back in 2002, started training for figure at the end of that, had an injury that sidelined me for 6 months (unrelated to training), put my goal on the back burner for a long time, and came back to it at the beginning of this year. I've kept the majority of the weight off since 2002 but was far from stage ready when I started this in January.

January 2012 Start Weight: 164
    Current Weight: 152
    Goal Weight: I should compete somewhere between 140-145, I'm 5'10"

As far as training goes, I can't give specifics on my program because I'm working with a trainer/coach, but I can tell you that what I'm doing now to get ready to compete is very, very similar to what I did to lose the weight initially back in 2002. I am in the gym 6 days a week, cardio all 6 days, varying between steady state and interval training. 5 out of the 6 days, I'm also doing heavy weight training or ab work. As far as diet goes, I eat 6 small meals a day, consisting mainly of lean protein, fibrous, green veggies, a few varieties of complex carbs, healthy fats, and minimal fruit. No dairy or artificial sweeteners either. I drink only water, 1 cup of coffee a day, and green tea.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I personally did not as I came from the other end of the spectrum, myself. I do know women who have, many, actually.