Just a quick question..and then some lol

Options
angleu
angleu Posts: 140 Member
I changed my goals to 1900 calories but I still am putting my exercise calories in to make sure I'm netting my BMR at least... knowing that my workouts are included in the 1900..That's alright right? or should I figure it out on my own?

Might take me some time to get the hang of A: eating more and B: staying at my fat grams and not over while eating more..lol

I was already eating 1490 calories a day plus workout calories but 1900, I will get there. I really need to find a protein powder.. any suggestions? I think that will help me get up there...

Plus I'm getting married in 2 months so its not like I want to gain a few not knowing how long it will take for my body to adjust. But I will plug along...lol

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you might gain some poundage in the beginning, but you will likely lose inches in the process. if you gain 5 pounds, but lose a few inches, your dress will still fit better ;)

i always log my exercise to make sure my net is above my BMR *always* i use an HRM to keep track of calories burned, and i plug that in every time i exercise because math makes my brain hurt. :) if you are still netting above your BMR after your workout, then you are fine (unless you're hungry, then eat something!).
  • angleu
    Options
    I got a HRM too! I love it. And yeah I don't like not eating! But I'm glad I'm headed in the right direction and I do understand about inches lost even if the scale isn't moving as fast.

great job on the 29lbs lost ^
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I like the cheap protein powder, then I add peanut butter and a banana- boom, instant meal.

Your exercise will already be calculated into your TDEE -20% number. (might be TDEE -15% since I don't know how much weight you're looking to lose. Less to lose=smaller deficit to really power those workouts). Where this will differ is if you workout more than usual (ie- use up that buffer between your 'cut' number and your BMR) then you'll eat more to bring you back to the right number. Gotta keep that NET above BMR y'know :)

So here's an example- let's say my TDEE minus 15% is 2000 calories a day. This already includes exercise that I normally do. But whoops- got a new Zumba instructor and she was tougher than my last one! Burned an extra 200 calories more than usual. Now I need to go eat those 200 extra that I hadn't accounted for in my original TDEE 'cut' calculation.

Hope that helps!
  • angleu
    Options
    Great idea for the protein powder. I'll just have to start looking around. I would like to get something without all the extra crap in it and stay as natural as I can without breaking the bank

I did already figure out my numbers and have set MFP to them but for myself I think its easier to still enter them so it can tell me my net to make sure I'm staying over my BMR and towards that 1900 calorie mark

Good luck on your new instructor!