If every day were like today...

Options
justagirl2013
justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
Do I just ignore this? Because it told me that "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 202.4 lbs in 5 weeks" Ummm that's only .4lb loss in 5 weeks???

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Definitely ignore. Are you eating at a cut value or at full TDEE? Right now I'm eating full TDEE to reset my metabolism and sometimes it tells me I'll have gained a pound in the next 5 weeks (but in reality I've lost 5 lbs in 1 week at this calorie level).
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    Definitely ignore. Are you eating at a cut value or at full TDEE? Right now I'm eating full TDEE to reset my metabolism and sometimes it tells me I'll have gained a pound in the next 5 weeks (but in reality I've lost 5 lbs in 1 week at this calorie level).

I'm eating at cut (20%) right now. I'm not sure that it was necessary to go full TDEE, so I'll try this. If it doesn't work, I can always go up and then go back down?

Thanks. I just had a momentary heart attack. I'm still panicking over making this decision so close to my friend's wedding but that's what spanx is for right?
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I love me some spanx! (Though I hope to be able to throw them all away soon!)
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    I love me some spanx! (Though I hope to be able to throw them all away soon!)

I haven't even worn them yet since I was surprised I was able to fit into the dress. I'm really hoping that I still fit (I have 46 days). I'm hoping to not wear them, but I bought them just in case! I hope you can get rid of yours soon!!! Thanks so much for the reassurance!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    You will probably lose inches before pounds going this route. I haven't been measuring yet, but I noticed today that my jeans are way looser (and its even my TOM)... I just started this last Monday. Went from 1200 cal a day to 2100 + exercise calories.
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    You will probably lose inches before pounds going this route. I haven't been measuring yet, but I noticed today that my jeans are way looser (and its even my TOM)... I just started this last Monday. Went from 1200 cal a day to 2100 + exercise calories.

Ok, I just did measurements and in 3 weeks on my previous cals (900-1200 net) and I lost 2 inches from hips and waist. Really, the scale is nice, but inches are very acceptable!

I'm really much more happier reading good results.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just did measurements and in 3 weeks on my previous cals (900-1200 net) and I lost 2 inches from hips and waist. Really, the scale is nice, but inches are very acceptable!

I'm really much more happier reading good results.

I haven't measured consistently. I'm going by my clothes. At a recent family event, people kept touching my abs(yeah, my family is touchy feely like that) and saying how good I looked. So I at least know the muffin top/"busted biscuit" has transformed. My saddlebags are gone.

Yes, I want to lose lbs as well, but I'll take a slow steady pace with toning any day. The lbs will follow. Decreasing my body fat% is the biggest issue to me.
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    I can't edit, but I did my measurements before I started eating higher cals. I also redid my BF and I dropped approx 5% in that 3 weeks.
  • IrishPiratess
    Options
    ya know, this VERY subject was on my mind this morning and last night as I completed my food diary.
    I'd like to be able to turn that feature off.

Its so two-faced. On one hand, "If everyday were like today, you'd weigh blah-blah-woof-woof" BUT "from the calulations, you are eating too far under your calorie goal, and eating too little..."

grrrrrrrrrrrr! So MFP am I eating to much or too little?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

SHEESH!

so yeah, ignore ignore ignore!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes, it's very annoying, but you'll get used to ignoring it after a while. Especially when you realize that even if the amount that it says is true, you're still likely to be smaller, due to the inches being dropped...
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I've actually stopped "completing" my daily dairy because of the stupid little message. I can jump on the scale every day and see the ups & downs without having a panic attack now.

But too see what the program thinks I'll weigh in 5 weeks just felt like too much pressure to be "perfect" so I just stopped pressing that button. Every once in a while I give in, but I try to remain strong. :laugh:
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That message has been bugging me, too! So I kinda tricked MFP and changed my "normal daily activities" (settings > update diet/fitness profile) to "very active" and then adjusted my goal to "lose 1/2 lb / week"...MFP now has my daily calorie goal set at almost exactly my TDEE w/15% cut (only 30 cals difference). No more "you are gonna gain 50lbs in 5 weeks" notices! Lol