Travel

Options
hollydohrman
hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
I have to travel at least twice a month for work. I have figured out how to keep in my exercise routine but am having a hard time with my diet. I recently upped my calories and have struggled to hit my goal when I'm home but it's even worse when I'm on the road. Today I had meetings that cut into lunch causing me to grab something super quick so I could get in the road. Then I grabbed Subway so that I could eat while I drove. Here we are at the end of the day and I have over 300 calories left.

Any suggestions on good things to bring along with me? I need things I can keep in my suitcase in case I end up leaving in a rush like today.

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What about prepacking snacks? IE nuts, dried fruit (sparingly on those), some protein bars.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I agree with snacks. Fruit, jerky, I like squeeze packets of indivdual servings of peanut butter- Justin's and Peanut Butter & Co. sell several different varieties that I've seen in stores or you can buy online.

Can you sometimes pack a cooler to have things handy? This will open up your choices- prepared meals, snacks like yogurt, cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. I have coolers in several sizes and freezer packs in the freezer ready to go for any occasion.
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I do have a smaller cooler that might work. I'm new to the increased calorie concept and I would hate to take two steps backward every time I travel.

Thanks again for the ideas
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just found these today and although they are pricey, they may be worth the investment.

http://nataliejillfitness.com/products/6-pack-bags-coupon-code/

It would help with staying prepared!