New to group!

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

I am new to the group. Been readin all the info above and it appears if I have been doing everything wrong :(

I calculated my stats as following:

TDEE: 3942
BMR: 2544
Goal: 3000

That seems extreme but I am going to give it a legitimate show. I based this off of being 5'9" 293 lbs, 31 years old, male and working out 6 days a week.

My goal being to lose 2lbs per week, to reach a goal weight of 200 lbs. I started March 1st at 310lbs.

Thanks!

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike! :) *waves*

I'm 5'9, 270 and female... my TDEE is around 3100 and my cut is around 2600 (I like the round numbers) so yeah, it seems like crazy amounts but bigger bodies need more fuel to move around (like gas in an SUV vs a prius) yay car references!

Try not to focus on pounds so much... I'm focusing more on body fat percentage and inches going down more than pounds on the scale.

Also: don't forget to change your macros! (40 carbs, 30 fat, 30 protein)

~Mandy
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Yep I am gonna focus on my waist line...try not to think about weight at this time :)

Also I did change my macros, thanks for the headsup!

93lbs of weight to go for my first goal!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the group!!

You'll find lots of motivation and encouragement in this group!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike!

Glad you made your way over here :D hope you had fun at the grocery store! Isn't it exciting when you realise you can EAT?!

I'm eating 2300 cals (down from 2500 since I couldn't work out due to illness) as my cut value. I don't do 40/30/30, I prefer 1g p/bw protein, .5g fat p/bw and the rest carbs. I've got some medical issues so lower (under 150) for my carbs works for me. I'm hoping to up my carbs as I lose weight- then I can forget the special diet restrictions.

I'm currently at 259, my goal is somewhere around 175ish.

Welcome!!!