30's Daily - 4/18

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    gah! must get butt into gear - please, someone kick me!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I sent out a few invites to the group last night so you may be seeing some new blood on the threads. Possibly including my hubby - BishopSmurf. Be sure to give him a hard time. :bigsmile:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I'm doing well on calories, but I'm not sure exercise is going to happen this week. My poor kiddo had a double ear infection last week. One ear is better, but the other has gotten worse... so unless I can count walking a crying baby around the house as exercise, it probably just isn't going to happen. :ohwell:

*kicks Stacy*
  • susieq101178
    Options
    I'm doing well on calories, but I'm not sure exercise is going to happen this week. My poor kiddo had a double ear infection last week. One ear is better, but the other has gotten worse... so unless I can count walking a crying baby around the house as exercise, it probably just isn't going to happen. :ohwell:

*kicks Stacy*

Count it - walking with weights. :wink: But seriously, sending positive thoughts your way. My son used to have chronic ear infections when he was younger. He'd cry and whimper in his sleep, which means I didn't sleep either. It's such a helpless feeling when your little one is in pain. Hope yours gets better soon!!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Epa - ear infections suck! My son used to get them a lot and finally ended up with tubes.

Stacy - get moving!

Run day today here - My quads are still sore from lifting Monday so I'm not sure how it will go. I packed my kindle in case i have to just walk :tongue: but I'm hoping I can push out the run. Indoors again, of course.

I switched from Claritin to Zyrtec today and it seems to help a bit better with allergies.

I filled out my diary today and it's looking good. I still want to get my carbs under 250, but I didn't have time/energy to make egg breakfasts this week and my oatmeal puts me over. That and chocolate :wink:
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Shorty - eat a celery stalk with the chocolate. Totally cancels it out. Hee hee. :laugh:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm a new guy..

Thanks for the invite and one of the best friend requests ever! No way I could of rejected that!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    I'm a new guy..

Thanks for the invite and one of the best friend requests ever! No way I could of rejected that!

Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed it. Welcome to the group!! To be honest, I was deeply concerned for kitten everywhere. I may be severely allergic, but I wish them no harm.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm a new guy..

Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed it. Welcome to the group!! To be honest, I was deeply concerned for kitten everywhere. I may be severely allergic, but I wish them no harm.

I'm allergic to them as well, that is why they must suffer the wrath. :-) I should write an introduction post but alas, I'm at work!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    I'm a new guy..

I'm allergic to them as well, that is why they must suffer the wrath. :-) I should write an introduction post but alas, I'm at work!

Meh, took me about a week before I got around to it. No rush.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Glad to see our little group is growing! This week is crazy so far. I feel motivated but busy with school and work and trying to not let those things become excuses. School is winding down so now finals are coming and yes I am in my 30's having to worry about schoolwork (damn younger me! I shoulda finished when I had the chance!). Working out is getting easier as I am not as winded and tired as I used to be. I was stuck in a plateau for a few weeks and I am hoping the changes I have made in my diet and upping my exercise will help get the scale moving again!

I will finish my 100 minutes later today. What would you guys think of making next week's challenge a little tougher. We are young, tough, and most of us are blowing these minutes out of the water and those of us who aren't can have something to aspire to. Or maybe have a beginners challenge: log in 100 min of exercise and a advance challenge with something more. What do you think?
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi gang, hope everyone's having a good day. Had another busy day working outside today. A day made all the worse by the fact that it's been raining since about 10 am this morning. I just got home and i'm soaked and waiting for the heating in my house to kick in. It's days like this that used to raise the shares of cadbury's. I will not give in to the temptation of comfort food although watching Man V Food later will be tricky. I'm not gyming it tonight as i'm pretty tired but will get a walk in later. So how's everybody doing?
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Glad to see our little group is growing! This week is crazy so far. I feel motivated but busy with school and work and trying to not let those things become excuses. School is winding down so now finals are coming and yes I am in my 30's having to worry about schoolwork (damn younger me! I shoulda finished when I had the chance!). Working out is getting easier as I am not as winded and tired as I used to be. I was stuck in a plateau for a few weeks and I am hoping the changes I have made in my diet and upping my exercise will help get the scale moving again!

I will finish my 100 minutes later today. What would you guys think of making next week's challenge a little tougher. We are young, tough, and most of us are blowing these minutes out of the water and those of us who aren't can have something to aspire to. Or maybe have a beginners challenge: log in 100 min of exercise and a advance challenge with something more. What do you think?

I'm up for a tougher challenge - I should finish off my 100 this evening as well. I was also wondering if you all had done a water challenge yet . . . I know I get lazy about it some days and have seen others mention it too. Drinking lots of water is a great habit to get into, and it may help some who aren't in that habit yet by being accountable to a challenge for getting in their minimum 8 glasses. Perhaps? :smile:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Run complete! I managed to squeak out my 3 miles.:bigsmile:

Melissa - this week's challenge is a bit higher than last week, but I agree we can do more! Maybe we should go up in 30 minute increments until we max out?

I'm allergic to cats too. I detest them with the fire of 1000 suns :tongue:

How much water is everyone drinking? I was a camel before MFP, seriously only drinking 2-3 drinks a day, and never was thirsty. First I made 7 cups my goal, then 8, and now I easily put back 10 cups/day and am more thirsty now than before! I wonder why that is? I'm up for a water challenge too!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi guys, new here yesterday. I am interested in the challenges you guys put forth, it seems like that would help me to reach my goal.
    Water challenge would be good too, don't like drinking the stuff but force about 6 glasses a day.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    @shorty I hear yah, I have troubles getting the ambition to actually cook breakfast. I recently tried a new way (for me anyways) to prep eggs. Basically, take your muffin tin, lightly grease/spray with oil, take a slice of low fat/low sodium ham (or whatever you like), line each spot with the ham so it makes a little cup, crack an egg into the ham cup. Then season it however you like. Bake at 375 for about 15-20mins Depending on how you like the yolk. Super easy, and you can make them in the evening and they will be good for a few days.

I have tried a couple different variations, I have added a little goat cheese before cracking the egg, and I have added grilled red pepper. They are so yummy, and you can eat them cold or reheat. You could also do this with just the whites of course.

Happy Hump Day everyone! The last couple evenings have been really nice so I've skipped the gym and have been enjoying the trails. Today is a little raining an chilly so it's a gym night for me. I'm going to hit the Arc trainer and do arms and shoulders. Then home to sit on the couch and watch Modern Family. :)
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Water - I am pretty good about getting my 8 glasses Monday through Friday because my office has a fridge full of bottled water (usually more, especially if I work out). The weekends are where I slack off. :ohwell: Apparently taking a glass from the cabinet and filling it with ice and water from the dispenser on the fridge is just too taxing for me.

Should we start with 6 glasses/day, just below the daily reccomendation, or be crazy and go right for the 8 glasses?:drinker:

Also, I like the exercise minute increase of 30/wk - my personal goal is 300 total minutes per week . . . haven't quite made it there yet but that's what the challenges are there for, right? :smile:
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Hi guys, new here yesterday. I am interested in the challenges you guys put forth, it seems like that would help me to reach my goal.
    Water challenge would be good too, don't like drinking the stuff but force about 6 glasses a day.

Totally rude - so not ignoring. Welcome to the group!! :flowerforyou:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I think he'll be ok, just a minor setback and more antibiotics. So since I probably won't have time to workout, I took the stairs to get to a meeting. 8 flights! While packing a heavy purse and old laptop. Whew.

Welcome to the newbies. I'm also new. We can all be new together.
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options

Totally rude - so not ignoring. Welcome to the group!! :flowerforyou:

No problems here!!! I do have a question for you guys though

How often do you step on the scale? for the first 55lbs I lost I have been frantically checking my weight, but just recently that is starting to get on my nerves because I have been stuck at 210 for 3 months. I am thinking of going to once a week like on Sunday.