Random Q for you all

Options
CrazyMidget611
CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
Does anyone do strength training at home? I'm a SAHM mom, so money isn't something I can spend on a gym or a trainer right now, but I do want to get into weights and strength training.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh you have a lot of people here that do so at home. There are quite a few threads lower down that have workout at home suggestions too. I am doing Cathe's STS program and I have to say, if you had a few weights, a step, a band and ball you could do the whole thing at home no problem. Only the pull ups would be an issue, but hubby got one for the doorway for under 20...not that I could do a full pull up yet, but you could put a chair under it and do it assisted that way...
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! I was so nervous that I really would have to go to the gym. I'll go check out those threads....thanks for always answering my questions so quickly!!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    So far I do all my strength training at home. We have sets of dumbbells up to 35 pounds and as of right now, that's more than enough. We can't do a lot of the complex lifts that are "better" for you, but we do as much as we can with what we have and have definitely noticed changes.