"FORGIVENESS"

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
I heard it said, that unforgiveness is like drinking poison, and waiting for another person to die! It wasn't easy for me to forgive my abusers after being raped several times, especially since they were those whom I trusted...no not my dad...He was my pastor, and best friend. Somehow, I feel by divine intervention, I begin to see their pain, and realized, they only did to me, what someone else did to them. Believe it or not, I felt compassion because they were hurt, and found a way to forgive them. Doesn't mean it was easy, nor did the pain disappear overnight, but I was able to move on, and allow an OPEN door for healing to come in. Imagine raising a child born out of rape? I was 14 years old, and the weight just kept on coming....over 300 pounds year by year!

SET YOURSELF FREE......FORGIVE!

SAY WITH ME: You can choose from the menu, or eat them all....Gluttony is allowed in this group......:laugh:

1) Today...I choose to forgive...not because (the person's name) deserves it, but because I love myself enough to want to be released from the past, and move on into the future! I'M WALKING OUT OF YOUR CONTROL (the person's name). It's my time to live...so I forgive...YOU! I'M CHOOSING FREEDOM!! All emotional weight gain...YOU CAN OFF NOW....I'M SAYING GOOD-BYE TO YOU RIGHT NOW!!

2) Today is the first day of my new life. Forgiving just gave me this opportunity!

3) I forgive everyone from my painful, and evicting all BITTER thoughts, so that BETTER thoughts can move in, and guide my future!

4) I forgive myself for not loving myself, and allowing others to control my life! I take my back right now! I deserve better than this!

5) I forgive all those who made "fat jokes" about me. You only made me eat more because of emotional pain. Today I love me enough to say NO to those high calorie "comfort foods"!

Replies

• mrshbrn
    mrshbrn Posts: 22
    Options
    God said if you dont forgive how can He forgive you. I too have been on both ends of the forgivness ruler. I've had to forgive and I've had to await forgiveness. It comes easy now b/c I dont want to hold onto anything that will hurt me.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good word! When I talk to my students about unforgiveness, I liken it to cancer. How unforgiveness, like cancer, slowly eats away at you, and eventually leaves you spiritually dead when left untreated. All the while, the one we harbor unforgiveness towards is unaffected.
  • savedchild8
    Options
    Thanks to you both(mrsbrn,pastor) for posting!! Great words!! I so agree with all that has been said. Just confirms how love will cause you to let Go!! Loving God, then ourselves, then others!

The youth are blessed to have you Pastor!

I'm blessed to have connected with you both!!
  • evangelistbynum
    evangelistbynum Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Reading the "Forgiveness" forum brought a flood of latent memories to my mind. Over the course of years I pushed past the fact that I was eating myself into a shell of obesity. As a child, due to molestation, and physical & mental abuse, I became numb to the person God has created me to be. I now realize I must take control of my life, reclaiming my divine purpose. My first step is to drop all the baggage that caused me to become morbidly over-weight.

I have witness so many people lose weight and regain it all back, simply because they desired to lose the weight in a short period of time. If you haven't already heard about the weight loss success let me bodly share, "YOU HAVE TO MOVE TO LOSE" and losing it "FAST DON"T LAST!"

I've also learned the way to keep the weight off is not only by practicing portion control, and daily exercise, but one must go deep within the spirit, discovering what caused you to become obese in the beginning. Trust me when I say, if you do not deal with the latent issues chances of the weight loss returning is highly likely.

Keep that in mind while we travel throughout our weight loss success!
  • savedchild8
    Options
    So true!!! Awesomely spoken!! Thanks for this very enlightening post! I can see we have a lot in common! Getting to the root of our emotional, and spiritual issues....then facing those demons without fear or excuse will not only guarantee greater success...but greater endurance to walk in that success!!

Losing weight begins in the heart, the mind, the spirit, first ..... then it will manifest in the natural!

Please continue to post here.....God can use us as he pleases!

He used you today!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

No more YO-YO ...... just GO-GO ... all that is NOT of God!!

I'm believing for creative miracles for all who need it....including myself!

You're in my prayers!! ((hugs))
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is really an awesome thread. Great words of wisdom from everyone. When I made the decission to get this weight off once and

for all, my first conclusion was that I need to foregive myself for allowing myself to become obese. Also, to really accept that God

had already forgiven me and I could stop punishing myself anytime I got ready. Not to mention the whole unforgiveness piece of

letting go of the hurt and damage caused by others .

I was an extreme emotional eater for he past 15 years or so. Sort of a catch 22 or double edeged sword. I would eat as comfort and

punishment, stress, depresion and celebration. I didn't feel I was even worth the effort of making better choices when I was in

the "act" of over indulgence. Like an addict I was very much in denial about how much damage I was doing to my health and how I

was cutting God's plans for me short. Jeremiah 29:11-14 Now with mutiple health issues, all of which are under my control, enough

is enough. One day it really hit me that I was putting food before God. I was turning to it rather than God for comfort. What a wake up

call for me. My God is a jealous God! He had to give me a slap on the head. LOL Until we can put a WHY behind our weight loss

journey is true that the Yo Yo cycle will continue.

I love this "YOU HAVE TO MOVE TO LOSE" and losing it "FAST DON"T LAST!" (evangelistbyn) and "How unforgiveness, like

cancer, slowly eats away at you, and eventually leaves you spiritually dead when left untreated." (pastorjosh86)
  • savedchild8
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!

I'm glad you found strength in God to overcome!

Our faith can truly...MAKE US WHOLE!

Psalms 147:3 He heals the broken heartened, binding up their wounds.

This post will inspire others, as it has inspired me.

Lots of love sis!! ((hugs))