Wednesday, 4/18 - Day 20! Two-thirds of the way there!

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
Who is ready for the last day of Workout Two? I am!

I have an intermittent sharp pain in my left ankle after last night's workout; I'm not sure what it's from. I did do the cardio without my mat last night -- I let my boyfriend use it -- but I wouldn't think that would make much of a difference. I also wore a brand new pair of shoes all day yesterday, so maybe that's it, and it's totally unrelated to the workout. I wore my comfy broken-in boots to work today, so if it's my new shoes, hopefully the ankle will be feeling better tonight. Fingers crossed. I hate injuries! :(

I will be thinking of you all tonight while I'm sweating! :smile:

Replies

• Wottie72
    Wottie72 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the same but with my right ankle. Lol. Did it the night before but was still able to do the workout but still a bit funny today, just about to do my workout now.
  • dirtycaviar
    Options
    How long do you stay in each level before going to the next one? Just when you feel ready for another challenge? Or after a week or so?
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I was so happy to complete the last workout 2 today!! I really pushed it and my back tensed up when I was swimming this afternoon but after stretching it is fine. Bring on Workout 3!! :laugh:
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got curious about level 3 a few days ago... not too bad, but there are jumping lunges which I HATE. my form just falls apart. Yesterday morning I did level 1 again, but infused some of the harder versions from 2 and 3 into the workout. I'm going to try 3 again tonight, but probably will do static lunges instead!
    Have fun!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So last night, I was SOOO exhausted, and decided maybe I'd just take a rest day, because I felt like my body needed sleep more than it needed another workout. I got in bed, and my whole body suddenly felt totally twitchy and restless, like when your leg twitches before you fall asleep. Except it was everywhere. My legs felt so restless (I've always heard of restless leg syndrome, but I never understood what it was like before), and literally the only thing that made them feel better was to move them like they were walking, or just to get up and jump up and down. It was the weirdest thing -- I've never experienced anything like that before. It wasn't that I couldn't get my mind to quiet down and fall asleep, it was like my legs were saying, "Get up! Move around!"

After fighting it for about 15 minutes, I finally decided to get up and do the workout. I did it, took a shower, and fell right to sleep with no problem. I guess my body is getting used to working out. Crazy. I never thought I'd be someone who said, "I couldn't fall asleep last night because I didn't work out all day." It was honestly kind of inconvenient, because I just wanted to sleep, but after I did the workout I felt SO much better.
    How long do you stay in each level before going to the next one? Just when you feel ready for another challenge? Or after a week or so?

I'm just doing each workout for 10 days. However, in both levels, I've felt pretty good about my performance on days 9 and 10, so it's probably a good pace for me anyway. :)

I noticed last night that my ankles both hurt a little when I did the jumping jacks (on the outside of my ankle, just below and to the front of my ankle bone), so instead of jumping out to the side, I just jumped up and down and did my arms as usual. They don't seem to hurt so far today.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    well it did it, despite being up since 4 am. It was woeful if i'm honest, i was just too tired, the hotel room was too hot and the floor too slippery, but nevermind. Did tonights too, better than last night, back on home soil for tomorrow. whoop !