Is this normal for your first day in?

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

If you saw my other thread, I just started today with the "Eat more to weigh less" program.

Well my caloric intake has been aroun 1000-1200 for the past couple of weeks (starving myself) but I was never really hungry during that period.

So today, I am going for my TDEE -20% goal of 3000-3100 calories. Its noon, I have been up for 7 hours and I am at 1500 calories (all good calories), however here is the problem:

I AM STARVING...constantly!!!! I have eaten literally 3x the amount of food i normally eat in the morning...how can i be that hungry?!?!

Mike

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal- just your metabolism revving up. I was RAVENOUS for about a week- then it tapered off. :)

Have you gotten the Energy Rush yet? That's a blast !
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Havent gotten the energy rush yet, but I am not nearly as tired as I noramlly was lol.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Lol yes! My appetite kicked in on day 2!!
    It gets easier then seems normal : )
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    Totally normal! Your body is happy that you're feeding it and sending you signals to "keep up the good work"! I can not imagine how you managed to eat 1000-1200 calories. I bet your belly is much happier now!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    exact same thing happened to me. i totally skipped the too full feeling and went straight to stuffing my face all day. it settled down to normal hunger after a few days. i've always gotten hungry at around 3 hour intervals and that's what i've settled back into.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So great to see more guys in the group. Its so concerning seeing what some really big talll guys are feeding themselves (or rather not feeding themselves)

Yep I got ravenous although it took a few days for that to happen not the same day. This is awesome. Im so excited for you!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike,

LOL. yep. I went through a full feeling first, but then the CRAZY hunger phase took over, lol. The body catches on pretty quickly, eh?

You may wanna check this post out too, these guys went through what it sounds like you're experiencing.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/31prvrbs/view/the-starvation-experiment-208077

~Kiki
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That happened to me at first. Still happens a little but it's calmed down.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see you found your way over and jumped right in! I went through a few days of feeling extremely full before the ravenous hunger busted out. How are you doing on your macros? Proteins will keep you feeling fuller. I think a lot here do 40% carbs/ 30% protein/ 30% fat, or approx. 1g protein per lb you weigh.