i have a few questions as recently told to try this

Options
after a previous thread i got told 1200 cals was way to low to be eating and doing exercise along with 30 day shread seing as though ive gained water weight,gone from 40% to 53.4% in two days and ive been plateuing for about a month i thought what have i got to loose???? though it really is hard for me to get my head round this
so my question are have i got to eat compleatly healthy foods to enable me to eat more? is a bag of crisps or the wrong kind of calories turn this into weight gain eating more?
will i gain weight at 1st then start to burn it off later?
if i dont exercise one day because im eating more should i reduce callories on the days i dont exercise or do i have the same amount everyday regardless

my tdee and my bmr works out i should eat 1500 cals a day. do i then eat what i exercised off? sorry for all the question but im getting my head round this whole eat more thing
what if i ate 1500 calls a day of bad callories will i still loose weight or does it have to be compleatly clean eating?

Replies

• jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to eat 'more'! You'll love how much better you'll feel. More ENERGY! This will help your workouts and you'll be a lot happier... at least I am!

Is your TDEE 1500 or your BMR 1500? Your TDEE should already have your activity level calculated in it, so then no you should not eat what you exercised off (unless you net below your BMR). See the sticky about "TDEE What it is.." All that is perfectly explained there.

I'm curious to see what others have to say about eating wrong calories. Overall I eat well but must admit I do have frozen meals and occasionally eat out. Despite this I stay within my calorie range. I hope I'm not sabotaging things with this. I know the importance of eating clean.. I hope to get there someday.

Good luck on your journey!!
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    my tdee is 1999 and my bmr is 1640 so i got told to subtract 500 from my tdee leaving me 1500 cals a day to eat. so do i stick to that religiously off 1500 cals everyday or do i also eat back exersise cals aswell as my 1500
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is for health not so much for weight loss.

You can eat clean and and be over weight and gaining!!!

From what I have read here and there you need to pay attention to your macros- that's the most important besides total calories. if you are eating 90% carbs and 10% protein that's not gonna work. Keep your protein really high with moderate carbs and moderate fat.
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    my tdee is 1999 and my bmr is 1640 so i got told to subtract 500 from my tdee leaving me 1500 cals a day to eat. so do i stick to that religiously off 1500 cals everyday or do i also eat back exersise cals aswell as my 1500

Can I ask where you get the 500 number to subtract from?

I'm not an expert, but you should NOT eat below your BMR.

Since your TDEE is 1999 (round it to 2000) you take either a cut of 15 or 20% to have a loss. You eat 1999 if you want to maintain. Since you want to lose, you will either eat 1700 (15%) or 1600 (20%).

I do have to ask, are your calculations right? What did you set your activity level at?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    after a previous thread i got told 1200 cals was way to low to be eating and doing exercise along with 30 day shread seing as though ive gained water weight,gone from 40% to 53.4% in two days and ive been plateuing for about a month i thought what have i got to loose???? though it really is hard for me to get my head round this
    so my question are have i got to eat compleatly healthy foods to enable me to eat more? is a bag of crisps or the wrong kind of calories turn this into weight gain eating more?
    will i gain weight at 1st then start to burn it off later?
    if i dont exercise one day because im eating more should i reduce callories on the days i dont exercise or do i have the same amount everyday regardless

my tdee and my bmr works out i should eat 1500 cals a day. do i then eat what i exercised off? sorry for all the question but im getting my head round this whole eat more thing
    what if i ate 1500 calls a day of bad callories will i still loose weight or does it have to be compleatly clean eating?

Hey there, glad to see you joined the group. Your numbers seem a bit low, did you use the moderate activity level? If I remember correctly you workout a quite a bit. If my memory has failed on this one please forgive. If you workout a few times a week go with the moderate activity level to calculate your TDEE. Once you have that number, then subtract 15% and eat that amount every single day. When you have a cardio day then you want to make sure you NET no less than your BMR. Your BMR is 1640 so you don't want to NET any less than that.