Options
Gionni
Gionni Posts: 77 Member
Which do you use and why ?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    POF is like Walmart shopping, you know you aint gettin quality, but it's cheap.
    OkCupid in my area has all the smarties, everyone has a Masters or PHD, aka..I'm huntin for a sugar mama.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i prefer OKC. POF is definitely like the bargain bin
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    OKC seems to be more focused on who you are, whereas POF seems focused on what you look like.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like the questions on OKC . Assuming they're filled out honestly, you can learn a lot more about a person than what they just put in their summary.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    POF is like Walmart shopping, you know you aint gettin quality, but it's cheap.
    OkCupid in my area has all the smarties, everyone has a Masters or PHD, aka..I'm huntin for a sugar mama.
    How did we arrive to this!!! There was a time when online dating was still quality stuff... And most people didn't meet only creeps/weirdos on there.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I'm a pretty loose person, but those questions on OKCupid can be really really ...explicit, creepy, and...just bloody weird.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    POF is the online equivalent to "Last Call" at the bar.

OKCupid is where girls go to ignore me.

Both of them are where people go to upload ten year old pictures and lie about everything that matters.

Jaded? Maybe a little. :)
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I like the format of OkCupid, but I literally got like no interest on there. It would seem like nobody even looked at my profile or cared that I answered a million questions. lol Got no interest on Match either. Felt like a troll. POF would go in waves and most of them were not creeps or weirdos. Some pervs, but that's normal and they usually hit you up while you are on, they don't usually take the time to message otherwise. Instant gratification
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I use POF. I didn't even know OKC existed until this group came along. I haven't checked it out yet.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Both of them are where people go to upload ten year old pictures and lie about everything that matters.

Awesome summary.

Does anyone on here use RSVP?

Wasnt sure if you guys and girls have it in the US?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I don't think POFers are drunk enough for me.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your location. Some are more popular in certain areas than others.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    this made me laugh!!
    i don't think you're jaded, i think they're both jokes in terms of meeting quality people for a relationship.

i will say, i don't lie on mine, and my pics are NOT 10 yrs old. not even 1 year old :-)

some of us really are honest people!!

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    okc. I deleted pof when I saw my psycho ex bf on there. Not going there again lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    POF was good to me. I'm in Austin and feel I have good quality men to choose from. Yes, there were duds but overall I'm very happy with them especially because that's where I met my main squeeze.

OKC was okay. I got tons of messages but never came across someone I was actually interested in.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Awesome summary.

Does anyone on here use RSVP?

Wasnt sure if you guys and girls have it in the US?

I'm gonna say we don't. I have never heard of it.

I was on POF... but its hard weeding out the losers, weirdos, pervs and people who are just plain not serious about meeting someone. Not on anything buy MFP right now, and unfortunately the only people that I have any interest in are out of country :wink: , but that's ok, because ultimately I'm here for fitness :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I'm a pretty loose person, but those questions on OKCupid can be really really ...explicit, creepy, and...just bloody weird.

Yeah those questions were wayyyyyy out there.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I've never used OKC.. I met a great guy on POF after only a few days and probably 200 messages. There are a bunch of weirdos on there though.

I'm interested to try OKC to see what these questions are though, LOL.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I found it was pretty much all the same people on both and most were single for a very good reason (and it didn't take long to figure that out). I'm back to real world dating where crazies can be weeded out easier.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm on POF in the VA beach area. My experience has been that I get what I pay for....