Breakfast/snack

Options
fimary
fimary Posts: 286 Member
Please could i have some more ideas for low carb healthy snacks and breakfasts, I have low carb for about a month and feel the meals very easy but its is breakfasts and snack i have problems with, as i am dairy intolerant and cannot eat cheese and only an egg every few weeks or so......

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts & snacks don't have to be "breakfast" food or "snack" food - I've had lunchmeat for breakfast or snacks! Nuts are good, too. Avocadoes (if you are only counting net carbs, it's only 1 or 2), make your own flax crackers, beef jerky if you can tolerate the sodium (or make your own!), cottage cheese (not sure how many carbs you're allowing, so watch out here), bacon, ham, or sausage are good for breakfast, full-fat yogurt (lower carbs when there is more fat, if you can do yogurt - I'm also lactose intolerant but milk is my main issue). I'll keep thinking.

Honestly, as long as I'm planning ahead and making extra protein (like, when I grilled some chicken the other night, I put some burgers on the grill, too, to have later) and keeping veggies in the house, I have a lot easier time packing lunches/snacks than when I ate grains and low-fat.
  • fimary
    Options
    Thanks, how do you make your own flax crackers. Yes use a lot of fage 0% and cottage cheese with fruit.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad! lol...and pork rinds (I was using the tuna salad for dip last night!). Olives.

This is the recipe I've used for the flax crackers - just be careful not to burn the edges.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/flaxcrackers.htm
  • fimary
    Options
    thanks
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Jerky, Sugar-Free jello, Green Tea, Carbmaster yogurts, Adkins peanut butter bars, EAS Advant-edge french vanilla shakes, nuts like almonds or walnuts, cheese, BBQ pork, pork rinds, lettuce wraps with turkey, cheese. Land-0-frost pepper beef with cream cheese, chicken strips, bacon, beef stick slices, a few ideas to you started. Salads. A few ideas to get you started and can be ate any time of the day.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Dice up a few rashers of bacon and stirfry with fat on. Chop up a heap of cabbage and wok cook with lots of salt and pepper and parsley to taste (cook in the fat from the bacon.) Toss together and voila! you can add olive oil for more flavour too or an egg on the side. So perfect for atkins and a big chunk of your veggie grams too!
  • fimary
    Options
    thanks
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes and canadian bacon.
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just replied to the one of the top messages for "Muffin In a Minute" - - you can see a number of recipes that you can create.

1 egg
    1 Tbsp flax ground
    2 Tbsp coconut flour
    Almond butter (or peanut butter)
    Splenda
    Tiny bit of baking powder.
    Mix all up in a big coffee mug and microwave for a minute. Turns into a puffy little muffin!!!!

I made this this morning & completely dug it.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I just replied to the one of the top messages for "Muffin In a Minute" - - you can see a number of recipes that you can create.

1 egg
    1 Tbsp flax ground
    2 Tbsp coconut flour
    Almond butter (or peanut butter)
    Splenda
    Tiny bit of baking powder.
    Mix all up in a big coffee mug and microwave for a minute. Turns into a puffy little muffin!!!!

I made this this morning & completely dug it.

Seconded- I make these all the time (lemon ones, blueberry, raspberry, mocha, chocolate). I make them, wrpa them and take then to the office.

Also- muffin frittatas. Mix your fave meats,veggies & cheese with eggs and pour into a greased muffin tray, Bake for about 15 mins et voila!! I especially like smoked salmon, spinach & goats cheese for when I'm indulgent- or bacon, cheddar and spring onion for budget.