I think I finally got this right!

Options
aggiesrar05
aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
After lots and lots and lots of reading and number crunching (and trying to wrap my head around things) I think I've finally got my number right.

Anyone want to confirm?

BMR: 1530
TDEE: 2730
Net calorie Goal: 1800
Exercise 5-6 days a week including 2x per week CrossFit and Tri training (calories burned varies)

Yesterday: Ate 2149 calories, burned 402 calories at CrossFit = NET 1747 cal

Am I on the right track? I decided to go figure in net calories to make sure I don't go under BMR since calories burns varies from 200-1200+ when I'm on the bike for 3hr+ :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, only from what I'm reading, but I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.

Instead of eating a varied number, why don't you just eat the same number every day? IE your TDEE is 2730 a 15% cut would be 2,320 a 20% cut would be 2,184

If you are eating 2,320 cals and you burn over 790 then you would eat back the additional ( to get back to your BMR. If you are eating 2,184 cals and burn over 654 cals then you would eat back the additional to get to your BMR.

So say you are eating 2,320 cals and you burn 1400 calories on the bike. Then you would need to eat an additional 610 calories to get back up to your BMR.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I agree with everything you say and I went back and forth on this for quite a while. From what I've read it ends up being about the same thing. The reason that ended up going with NET calories and eating a varied amount daily is because my calories burned varies so much day to day.

I went back and looked at my logs and pretty much daily I'm eating 2100-2300 cal before exercise which ends up being about 1800 net calories. If you look at it over a week's time then it ends up being very close to the same figures, this way for me it's a little easier to keep track of.

Thanks again!!