If someone from a dating site is interested in you but...

Options
Gionni
Gionni Posts: 77 Member
They are not your type .. what do you do ? Do you not respond ? I don't get very many responses to my emails so I figure that most women on there are cowards LOL. BUT i have done the same .. if a girl emails me and I don't find her attractive I don't reply. U?

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Not responding seems to be the norm. I know I just don't have time to reply to all of the 3 girls that email me every month.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know not responding is the norm but I think it is SOOOOO RUDE!!!! Just put it out there. That's better than not replying IMO. :flowerforyou:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I normally try to send an e-mail that is nice but still let's them know i'm not interested.

"Thanks for your interest, I appreciate the message. I don't think we have a lot of things in common, or we are just in different places in our lives (like I want kids and they say they do not want kids), or I'm not really sure I'm what you're looking for (they want a churchgoer, or a country boy, or something with a big monster truck). Good luck in your search!"
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    I know not responding is the norm but I think it is SOOOOO RUDE!!!! Just put it out there. That's better than not replying IMO. :flowerforyou:
    Eh, I feel like it is more rude to tell someone that I'm not interested even though all they said was "hi". Or should I engage them in conversation only to lead them on and let them down later?
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I feel like if the girl has courage enough to send me a message, then I'll at least to the honorable thing and thank her for looking at my profile. Of course I've only had 2 messages ever and one of those I'm pretty sure was a fake account that I didn't respond to.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Eh, I feel like it is more rude to tell someone that I'm not interested even though all they said was "hi". Or should I engage them in conversation only to lead them on and let them down later?

I agree completely. I would much rather have no response then essentially, ummmm you aren't my type and there is no point in continuing conversations.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If they just say "hi" or something similar, it is ok to ignore them. If, on the rare occasion, they write a few sentences and it seems like they read my profile I will at least respond with a thanks but no thanks type email.
  • MyTime1985
    Options

How about something like, "Hi back, how are you doing? I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to run", any girl with half a brain should take the hint. If not, (I don't believe in lying) but you could always say, "hi, oh they just got here to spray for bed bugs and the roach infestation I've got going on, got to run!" I guarantee she won't bother you again. :wink:
  • Gionni
    Gionni Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know .. after reading this .. I think that NO reply is the best! I would feel like crap if a girl said to me "Um...Your not my type!" At least if they don't respond you can lie to yourself about the reasons she didn't reply to your "amazing" email...maybe she's busy or died in a car accident etc.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    They are not your type .. what do you do ? Do you not respond ? I don't get very many responses to my emails so I figure that most women on there are cowards LOL. BUT i have done the same .. if a girl emails me and I don't find her attractive I don't reply. U?

The only girls that message on there are the ones that have to, because they are not getting any messages. Anyway, responding is just leading them on.
  • Roadie2000
    Options

How about something like, "Hi back, how are you doing? I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to run", any girl with half a brain should take the hint. If not, (I don't believe in lying) but you could always say, "hi, oh they just got here to spray for bed bugs and the roach infestation I've got going on, got to run!" I guarantee she won't bother you again. :wink:
    Well I've never tried those, I don't like to lie. Plus if you give some people any attention at all they won't leave you alone.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I say just don't reply.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

The only girls that message on there are the ones that have to, because they are not getting any messages. Anyway, responding is just leading them on.

Hey now! I have messaged guys on there and it isn't because I'm not receiving anything. Sometimes I like to be assertive. lol
  • MyTime1985
    Options
    I guess I'm on my own but I prefer people to be straight-forward. If I have the nerve to contact someone, they should have the nerve to say "not interested".

Maybe this is another reason why I'm single??? :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    To me it depends on how much they right. If it is just a "how are U?" or "Hi" I usually don't respond unless their profile interests me but if it is longer and they actually looked like they put effort into it not a copy and past job I will try and respond with something. I have actually hiden my profile right now because I am horrible about responding to even the ones I want to respond to much less the ones I don't.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If they just say "hi" or something similar, it is ok to ignore them. If, on the rare occasion, they write a few sentences and it seems like they read my profile I will at least respond with a thanks but no thanks type email.

I look at it this way: I took the time to write a pretty lengthy profile, post photos, interests, etc., the least you can do is write me something about yourself, why you wrote me and carry on some kind of conversation. People that write "Hi" "Pretty pics" etc, do not get a response back. Evidently you didn't read my profile and looked at the photos, so unless there's no substance there, I probably won't get along with that person or get bored very easily.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I replied to one guy, saying I wasn't interested but good luck in his search (or something along those lines), he replied with "You know that before even talking to me? You are shallow and must had Daddy Issues" :huh: :laugh:

I don't reply anymore.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The ones that I ignore are the "Hi, how are u?" emails or something similar. If they took the time to write a longer email, I will respond out of respect. I usually will let them know I appreciate it but I don't believe that we'd be a good match. The times I have done this I have not received any negative feedback.

As far as contacting people, I usually will pick out something in the profile that I know we have in common and talk about that so it's more than a "hi how are u?" I don't get discouraged if I don't get a reply, I pretty much chalk it up to them not being interested.
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    I generally didn't respond at all if I wasn't interested. I thought about sending not interested messages, but I figured the no reply would give a pretty clear message. On the other hand one guy I messaged did send me a reply back saying I wasn't really his type and other things, I don't remember exactly. I thought it was nice for him to tell me that, honestly. I could move on instead of wondering if he was going to reply. Then again I prefer honesty and I can see how some people might have been slightly hurt to be rejected... but nothing really ever bothers/hurts me, so I appreciated it more than anything.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    To me it depends on how much they right. If it is just a "how are U?" or "Hi" I usually don't respond unless their profile interests me but if it is longer and they actually looked like they put effort into it not a copy and past job I will try and respond with something. I have actually hiden my profile right now because I am horrible about responding to even the ones I want to respond to much less the ones I don't.

How much time is a guy suppose to put in a message when there is only a 1 in 15 chance he is going to get a response. I tried a few really creative messages and got no response... I felt like a jack a** after. I think if the person likes what they see they would reply to anything.