The things we do to get those protein calories!

Options
Ok bad planning on my part, I've eaten my cupboards bare this week!

My local shop has run out of cottage cheese (not me! lol) I went to get a tin of tuna out of my cupboard to get in some protein & they've all gone! but... I find a tin of mixed beans lurking at the back of the cupboard, eat half for snack but really can't stomach them tonight - so added 50g of them to my smoothie : )

Couldn't taste them and made it thick and creamy!! who'd thought what weird and wonderful combinations I'm trying now!!

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This makes me laugh in a way. I made my 8 year old a chocolate malt last night. Well little did she know I dumped a scoop of protein powder in there. She's always been a small eater and I figure between the protein and the ovaltine it was a nice boost to her "malt" She said it was best ever and asked me to make it again.
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    This makes me laugh in a way. I made my 8 year old a chocolate malt last night. Well little did she know I dumped a scoop of protein powder in there. She's always been a small eater and I figure between the protein and the ovaltine it was a nice boost to her "malt" She said it was best ever and asked me to make it again.

My daughter asked me for a shake today! I told her it was going to have spinach in it and she said, "Okay, you can put the spinach in!" I think its awesome to see changes happening in our kids because we are making better choices.