Energy?

Options
justagirl2013
justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
I'm going to be honest, I feel like *kitten* right now. I'm bloating up (haven't even changed out of my sweatpants all day, jeans were tight yesterday), and I am just tired. I've been getting about 8 hours a sleep, drinking tons of water, and eating more since Monday. I did not want to go to the gym at all last night. I don't want to go tonight. I will go, but I just feel tired. I do have some medical issues, but my doctor has given okay for me to exercise and change my eating.

Is this just my body adjusting? I know the bloat is, but I thought I would have more energy? I feel like I'm starving too, but I still haven't found the right balance of filling foods. I'm not giving up, I just need/want reassurance that this is going to get better?

Replies

• geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, I feel like *kitten* right now. I'm bloating up (haven't even changed out of my sweatpants all day, jeans were tight yesterday), and I am just tired. I've been getting about 8 hours a sleep, drinking tons of water, and eating more since Monday. I did not want to go to the gym at all last night. I don't want to go tonight. I will go, but I just feel tired. I do have some medical issues, but my doctor has given okay for me to exercise and change my eating.

Is this just my body adjusting? I know the bloat is, but I thought I would have more energy? I feel like I'm starving too, but I still haven't found the right balance of filling foods. I'm not giving up, I just need/want reassurance that this is going to get better?

I don't know what the answer is, but I've been feeling exhausted all day today too. I feel like I could climb into bed right now and it's only 7:00! I've been sleeping really hot at night and waking up earlier than I normally do. I have noticed that its easier for me to get up and going in the morning.....I normally drag until I get my coffee into me. I'm sure all of these changes are harder on our bodies than we think. I wonder how much energy it actually takes for the body to digest all of this wonderful food we are eating and to burn fat. Hopefully someone who has been doing this longer will have some insight.
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I just thought of something. It may or may not pertain to you, depending on what kind of workout you have been doing......but, I have started lifting heavy in the past few days. I think that is what is making me so tired. I did 70lb rows last night which is a HUGE increase for me. Have you been doing more than normal?
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    My work outs this week suck :(

Sunday - w1d3 c25k, 20 min elliptical, full circuit of all machine weights in gym including situps, squat thingy and that thing where you brace your arms and lift your lower body??

Monday- nothing

Tuesday- c25k w2d1, 20 min elliptical

Wednesday- 45 min walk with DD & Dogs, 50 jumping jacks

Thursday- c25k w2d2

I couldn't even hardly move after the treadmill. I wanted to do 20 min on elliptical and do some weights. I decided tomorrow I will do weights and elliptical instead.

I have some medical issues that could be causing the problem, but since I was fine until Monday night/Tuesday am. i just didn't know if coorelation between upping cals or if it's something else. I'm headed to dr on Monday. My dr had the nerve to take a vacation! :noway: :laugh:

Oh and none of this workout is any different than normal. I was doing c25k up to week 6 before I had to take a 2 week break <sigh>
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yes. There is a lot of adjusting that will need to take place, & everyone's body responds differently. That's why it's nice to look over all the things that others have posted and be fully aware of all the changes and how they can effect you. :wink:

I'm sure you already read the "what to expect" sticky, but I also always like to recommend that people read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/31prvrbs/view/the-starvation-experiment-208077

It's where the "starvation mode" concept came from, and if you pay close attention to the changes the men in the study went through, both during the "diet" and afterwards during the "Refeed" you will find some helpful tips on what to expect as well.

~Kiki
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    Thank you Kiki,

I will go read that right now. Yes, I read the stickies (I'm a huge reader, so I read them all LOL).

I was just searching my diary to see if anything changed otherwise. I do notice that I am eating a lot more protein and less carbs than before. There are so many various factors that play into effect here, and it's really hard to isolate which one is causing the problem.
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    Well I may have figured out the cause of my lack of energy. I woke up about 1am with the worst body aches, sore throat and a nice low grade fever (101.3). I can only take Tylenol and only 4 per day, so I'm toughing it out, but I may end up going in to see the doctor. I've tried to keep my eating up today (and drank a coke...) but I'm just not hungry now. I'm going to try to at least consume my pre-planned dinner and protein shake, but I'm not sure about that yet.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That was a really awesome blog post! Thank you.