I could use a little hand holding, please.

Options
Ok, I know you guys likely see dozens of these topics a day, but I'm about to lose my mind over here.

A couple weeks ago, three to be precise, I found the "In the place of a road map" thread by HelloitsDan. I thought I had a breakthough and upped my calories from 1000-ish a day to 1550 NET, as that is what the sites listed told me my BMR was. I've only lost 3lbs, but I was told I might not see changes for a good while since I was practically starving myself... so I've been hanging in there.

Tonight-- I read the "TDEE: what it is and why you don't eat below BMR" for kicks, thinking I had it in the bag. Did the calculations and they are WAY off from my other set of numbers. According to THAT set of sites, my BMR is nearly 400 MORE than what I've been eating. Now I'm worried that I'm not eating enough again...

Would someone be willing to give me a little advice on this subject? I'd really, really appreciate it.

Stats if anyone needs them.

26, 5'3", 252lbs

I do 30day shred every day right now, but I want to add back in my daily cardio and extra lifting. (Was doing cardio 5x a week and lifting 3x, every other day M-F)

P.S.: If it helps, my Bodybugg averages my daily burn at 2300-ish. I don't know if that will help at all though. lol.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If bodybugg says your 2300 then I would say you should be eating 15% less than that daily. I can't run your numbers bec I'm on a ph but I would go with bodybug? That is your daily count right?
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    If bodybugg says your 2300 then I would say you should be eating 15% less than that daily. I can't run your numbers bec I'm on a ph but I would go with bodybug? That is your daily count right?

Thanks for responding.

My Bodybugg (depending on how active I am that day) will record me burning between 2300 and 2900 a day. 2300 is if I just slept all day. I wasn't sure if that was a viable source of info or not, but I'm glad I threw it in there now. :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Thanks for responding.

My Bodybugg (depending on how active I am that day) will record me burning between 2300 and 2900 a day. 2300 is if I just slept all day. I wasn't sure if that was a viable source of info or not, but I'm glad I threw it in there now. :)

oh makes a diff...so you burn as high as 2900? Well let's go with 2600 and sub 15% from that...on non workout days then subtract 15% from that 2300.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options

Thanks for responding.

oh makes a diff...so you burn as high as 2900? Well let's go with 2600 and sub 15% from that...on non workout days then subtract 15% from that 2300.

Alright, I'll try that immediately. Thanks so much for the fast feedback. c: