Stupid Carbs... I'm starving!

Options
lillebanon
lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
I've had a bad carb day/ not enough protein. I'm starving, but only have 56 calories left. To think this time last week I felt completely stuffed on this many calories... and there is SERIOUSLY no food in my house. Kiddo skipped his nap and fell asleep super early, to the detriment of my planned grocery shopping. I think there is some microwave popcorn in the pantry, so I may have to "overeat" and have myself a bag... because if I'm hungry that means I need to eat, right?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You ned to eat but just not more carbs. You need protien along with a carb unless you will feel hungry still...
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Popcorn and peanut butter??
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I think I have a *little* peanut butter left (like, scrape the sides of the empty jar little). Good idea. I'm out of nuts and beans. There is 5 grams of protein the in popcorn (better than nothing). I didn't manage to eat back all of yesterday's exercise calories, so its probably no biggie to go over tonight.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hun when I'm hungry, I eat!! Your body is telling you it needs food. Key is to eat omething protien dense and nutritous but hey I splurge to...enjoy your popcorn
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Genius! The peanut butter helped almost immediately (and I was only able to scrape together about 1 tbsp)... so i only ended up eating about half the bag of popcorn. Feeling much less "hangry" now. :)
    Oh, and I found my tape measure (finally) this evening, so hopefully I have time to measure in the morning to get some baseline numbers. Weight has been bouncing around in a 2 lb range since the initial loss I saw right after upping the calories last week, even with TOM this week.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    If you get hungry again after eating the peanut butter and popcorn, you could always scramble a couple eggs (provided you have some available).
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Out of eggs... I have eaten every ounce of protein (well, non-meat protein) in my house this week! My pantry and fridge are not used to my new macro goals!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Out of eggs... I have eaten every ounce of protein (well, non-meat protein) in my house this week! My pantry and fridge are not used to my new macro goals!

Haha!!! I know the feeling! My kitchen can't seem to keep up with my needs either =p
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options

Yes me too! Have to go shopping again today!!