weight gain with eating more

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
need everyone's advice... i seem to be continuing to gain weight on insanity. i was up another 1.6 lb this morning (have gained 4 lb total the last 2 weeks). i know it's not possible to gain 1.6 in one day and probably not possible to gain 4 in 2 weeks. i don't understand what is going on. my muscles are not sore anymore so i can't blame it on water. TOM is nowhere near so it can't be hormonal. i have been eating 1700-1800ish every day. the program recommends that for my height/weight... i want to keep doing the program but i cannot understand this. maybe it was just a fluke today. i did eat a little more yesterday so maybe that was why. anyway, i have been eating 1700ish at the beginning of it when i started 3 weeks ago. i have been eating slightly more since i've been hungry so now it's more like 1800. my tdee shoudl be about 2000 as i am 5'4" 125 and 24% bf. what am i doing wrong? would i still be seeing a gain 3 weeks into a program?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Please read what to expect when upping...that will help.

Have you taken measurements? How are your clothes fitting? If you are losing in andgaining a little, it can be water and some muscle gain as you re burning off the fat.

Everyones body adjusts diff but you are right to gain a solid lb you have to eat 3500 cals above your tdee...so relax and pls be sure o Net at least your bmr on you high burn days.

Your body is adjuting, with the high burns I'm concerned you are not eating enough. Make sure protien is a gr per lb of bodywgt
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree with Lucia. I'm experiencing a little weight gain now. I've been upping for about 2 weeks now. I want to freak out but I keep telling myself this is what to expect. My body has to play catch up now. Its trying to trust that I will feed it like this everyday and not below my BMR like before.

Just give it a little more time.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Please read what to expect when upping...that will help.

Have you taken measurements? How are your clothes fitting? If you are losing in andgaining a little, it can be water and some muscle gain as you re burning off the fat.

Everyones body adjusts diff but you are right to gain a solid lb you have to eat 3500 cals above your tdee...so relax and pls be sure o Net at least your bmr on you high burn days.

Your body is adjuting, with the high burns I'm concerned you are not eating enough. Make sure protien is a gr per lb of bodywgt

well i have actually been upping for months now so that's the bigger concern. i have eaten about 1600 since february. so maybe it could be that the workout is more intense now and i am burning more than i think. but i am measuring the same or bigger. clothes are about the same... hard to say what is going on. i will continue with the program and i am getting a lot of protein so i just can't figure it out. i did read the "what to expect post" but it just seems to be ridiculous how much i've gained doing this workout... how can this be? it's not making sense.