Hiya new one :)

Options
estelle74uk
estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
Hii, just wondering whether you could help me out on the number game!

Im 5'2, 37 and weigh 108lbs. (small frame) Obviously not trying to loose weight, but I would like to gain muscle as I am, probably, skinny fat. Although I have been doing weights on and off over the years, have just started a programme 3 x cardio, 3 x weights, heavy. I do have some muscle but would just like to lean totally up, and get rid of the wobble on my bum and legs.

So what shoudl I be eating. I have done the under 1000 cals, and 1200 but I just cannot stick to it. My appetite is huge so never stick to it. having a quick look it seems poss that my maitenance is 1900? so should I be eating around 1400?

thanks for advice

x

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    I am bumping this for you!
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    I am bumping this for you!

thank you, need another bumping
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hii, just wondering whether you could help me out on the number game!

Im 5'2, 37 and weigh 108lbs. (small frame) Obviously not trying to loose weight, but I would like to gain muscle as I am, probably, skinny fat. Although I have been doing weights on and off over the years, have just started a programme 3 x cardio, 3 x weights, heavy. I do have some muscle but would just like to lean totally up, and get rid of the wobble on my bum and legs.

So what shoudl I be eating. I have done the under 1000 cals, and 1200 but I just cannot stick to it. My appetite is huge so never stick to it. having a quick look it seems poss that my maitenance is 1900? so should I be eating around 1400?

thanks for advice

x

Hi there, pls ck out the tdee topic and there is a link for the tdee calculator(I'm on my phone so I can't do it right now). You should try eating tdee since your not trying to lose. Make sure to get in 1 gr of protein per lb.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hmmm no doubt Kiki or Lucia will be the right ones to answer this :)

But in the meantime if you are not trying to lose, then why would you be eating under maintenance?

I would have thought that if building muscle is your goal, you need to eat at least at maintenance?

I look forward to hearing what someone who knows what they are talking about has to say though :)
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ooops sorry i had that window open for a while and then by the time i actually got around to posting Lucia had got in LOL

Glad to see her advice was what i was thinking as well..... see i am learning here!! *yayyy*
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should either be eating at or above maintenance in order to build muscle (a slight surplus is preferred). For reference, we are the same height, but I weigh much more than you,:blushing: (124). I just came out of a muscle building phase (starting that phase at around 118-119), during which I ate 2300+ cals. Now I'm back into fat burning mode, eating about 1900-2000 cals daily.... :wink:

~Kiki
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    I agree, you should either be eating at or above maintenance in order to build muscle (a slight surplus is preferred). For reference, we are the same height, but I weigh much more than you,:blushing: (124). I just came out of a muscle building phase (starting that phase at around 118-119), during which I ate 2300+ cals. Now I'm back into fat burning mode, eating about 1900-2000 cals daily.... :wink:

~Kiki

wow ok, thanks for that. i will start eating more, good because i love eating :) starting to enjoy the weights again so thats good. my other half gave me a comment the other day saying i looked smaller, when actually my weight was the same but my butt looked smaller, yay something must be working!!