Alcohol and TDEE

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

I have stopped drinking, save one day a week when I go out with my buddies (Friday nights). I usually have between 5-8 beers.

Should I factor this into my goals, even though they are empty calories?

Should I leave headroom in my daily target goal for this?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't drink too much juice because I like to eat my cals. I am not a drinker and don't know how many cals are in beer, but you should count them. Or maybe just allow that one day a week as your cheat day... A spike once a week is a good thing...
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't drink too much juice because I like to eat my cals. I am not a drinker and don't know how many cals are in beer, but you should count them. Or maybe just allow that one day a week as your cheat day... A spike once a week is a good thing...

Heh thanks for the advice...I use to drink wine everyday, and go out on the weekends. But when I got serious i cut out EVERYTHING and only drink Water and Black Tea (no sugar), except on Fridays where I go to the bar to let loose a bit.

Ill add them in, just gotta avoid the late night jack in the box run lol
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    I always count my beer calories and since I have started doing this with MFP I have cut waaaaay back b/c they add up quick! Seeing those numbers in black and white was an eye opener.

Also keep in mind that when your body metabolizes alcohol it shuts down the system that metabolizes fat. Which makes that late night run to Jack-in-the-box even worse.