Anyone started level 3 yet?

Options
kimharrison22
kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
I started level 3 last night and it was pretty good. It felt great to start a new workout and use some different muscles! I'm not sure I would say it's easier or harder than level 2, just different. Lots inner thigh work (which I need!) and the jumping jacks with weights were killer! I could only go half way up! Maybe tonight I'll try some lighter weights. Good luck to all on level 3. Nine more days... we're almost there!!!

Replies

• jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    Your description is exactly what I was thinking. It is different and I am sore in different places. I like it OK.

I think after I finish the shred I am going to do the P.I.N.K workout. I already have the DVDs but the meal plan seemed kind of hokey to me so I think I am just going to do the workout part.
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What's the PINK workout? I haven't heard of it. I was thinking about maybe doing the shred for a couple extra weeks, but a new workout would be good too!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    PINK is a diet/workout plan. I liked the looks of it more than P90X and it seemed more doable for me. http://www.pinkmethod.com/
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did day one of Workout Three on Thursday, but I missed day two yesterday. It was my boyfriend's father's birthday, and we had a decadent meal and were out way too late. I had planned to do the workout when I got home -- I didn't think we'd be out so late -- but we got home around 1 am and I went straight to bed and fell asleep with my makeup still on and my teeth unbrushed. Ew. Even if I hadn't fallen asleep, I probably wouldn't have done it, because my calories were TWICE my goal yesterday, and over 1200 of those were from creme brulee I had just eaten. No way can I do double jumprope with that in my stomach!

So yesterday was a bust, but I'm planning to double up today to make up for it. I already did it once when I got up, and will do it again before bed.

My take on the workout:
    Even the warmup is a challenging!
    First circuit seems harder than Level 2. The walking planks make me grunt like a big sweaty guy in the freeweight section of the gym, and I know I have my bum way too high in the air for the mountain climbers.
    Circuit two: I need to up my weights for the dumbbell cleans. I used 3lbs on Thursday and 5lb this morning. I might try 8lb, and go back to 5 lb if I need to. I feel like I can do more. I like the cardio with the weights; I feel pretty good about it, and I finally feel like I'm doing an arm raise without feeling like I'm going to die. :wink:
    Circuit three: the cardio KILLS me. All that jumping is INTENSE. I'm trying to hang with Anita, but every once in awhile I have to do the move without coming off the ground (just squatting, and alternating legs in the rockstar jump). I hope I get better at that one by day 30!

Only one week left!!!