New C to 5 K runners as of 4/23/12

Options
MamaJess
MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
I am new to the group and I am starting my Cto5K on Monday the 23rd of April. Anyone else just starting and wanting some "company" along our runners journey?

Replies

• atla_moves
    Options
    I just did my first C25k run today, so my second should be on 4/23. I'd love to keep you company! :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started last week but I am repeating week 1 this week. I am a real beginner and would love company.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I just started last week; I will do day 4 on Tuesday (I'm setting Tues, Thurs, and Sat as my c25k days). I am addicted!!! I'm even signing up for a 5K at the end of June to give me that extra push! :happy: Oh, I'm also doing it on the treadmill right now; otherwise I'd have to run with a stroller.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    So glad to have some company. My running days are Mondays, wednesdays, and saturdays. I can''t wait for monday to get started. I am a true beginner and can barely walk up and down the stairs with out getting winded so this should be interesting! LOL
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1 day 1 this morning! Can't believe I did it! I'm 5ft 6in ish and about 216lbs. I couldn't run the full minute every time, runs 5-6 were about 30 seconds each, 7-8 were less than that. My ankles are sore but I did it :)

I also went out before 8am to limit the number of people seeing me (yeah yeah, I know) and no one beeped their horn at me so I feel slightly more confident. Slightly. LOL

Glad to have some company on this journey! My only problem is weekday runs, because I start work at 6.30am I can't really do it beforehand, and doing it in the middle of the afternoon along a busy main road just strikes fear into my heart!!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats to y'all for getting on the C25K program!!!
    Reading your comment brings me back 7 weeks to when I did my first Week 1 run/walk. Kinda cringing as I think about how hard that was for me. :-) I did 1 mile in about 16 minutes then and now I can do a mile in 12:38 - a taste away from 5 MPH.

Have fun, keep at it, and you'll do awesome!!!
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just did W1/D1 tonight and I surprised myself! I'm just shy of 22, 5'2" 135 lbs.. Haven't ran since I was a junior in high school so five years and I made it through the whole thing! It wasn't easy, felt like my lungs were exploding, but I pushed through! Planning my first 5K in July :)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone getting started. I've done C25k before, and I'm starting again in May, once I get the all-clear from my physio.

I love this program! Being a runner is worth the effort. Good luck everyone!
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 1 for me. I plan to do it in the evenings just as the Sun starts to drop. My days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will love to keep up and run with you all. I think I will be getting my dog to do it too!
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Great job finishing day one. Even when the runs are longer than we can handle just do the very best you can and stick with week 1 until you feel confident you have mastered it enough to move on and so on for each of the following weeks. Again, great job on day 1
  • lizbet
    lizbet Posts: 11
    Options
    Just finished W1D3 yesterday. Had to restart program due to stress fracture. Seems to be going well this time around. On to W2D1 on Tuesday.

55360.png
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Did my w1d1 this evening and much to my surprise I finished each run without stopping to walk. I know its only 60 seconds but for a fat girl thats never been a runner that is good for me! So glad to have other new runners here with me.
  • Watchmeshrink21
    Watchmeshrink21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i started 4/23/12 it went great !
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Awesome job so far everyone. Keep up the good work because you are worth it! We are all in this together!
  • ykakomba
    ykakomba Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI i'm newbie here, you all are awesome, keeps me on the track on being healthy. :smile:

actually i already passed 5K and doing 5K as habitual and try to reach 10K (still 7K). myfitnesspal helps me to lose weight, i lost 12 kg using myfitnesspal and running 5K 3-4 times a week.
  • KarrieLynn81
    KarrieLynn81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting soon :) Hoping tomorrow or Friday. Any advice for a first time runner? I am still debating between the free and pro versions. I am also thinking I need different shoes lol Is there another app that goes along with C25K that I could have miles and some sort of GPSing? Thanks in advance :o)
  • lizbet
    lizbet Posts: 11
    Options
    KarrieLynn - I use mapmyrun.com. You can go in manually and log your run by using the map or if you have a smartphone they have a free app that will track using the gps in your phone.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I just did W2D1 and I ran outside for the first time. Man, it was rough. Several times I didn't think I was going to make it but I did it. I am thinking about repeating it though on Thursday just to be sure I'm comfortable. Oh, and I signed up for my first 5K on June 23rd so I will get thru this!!! I am sooo excited ---- :happy: :happy:
  • MamaJess
    Options
    I just did W2D1 and I ran outside for the first time. Man, it was rough. Several times I didn't think I was going to make it but I did it. I am thinking about repeating it though on Thursday just to be sure I'm comfortable. Oh, and I signed up for my first 5K on June 23rd so I will get thru this!!! I am sooo excited ---- :happy: :happy:
    I am so proud of you and happy for you. you are going to rock this. Keep up the great work!
  • Watchmeshrink21
    Watchmeshrink21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    W1D2 !!! I'm so tired though not looking forward to 630(eastern time)