Day 1. Discouraged already! Feedback please.

Options
2»

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A Squats: I hold the weights at my sides. After reading comments here, I think I'll try them at my shoulders though.

What do you do in your 60 sec rest period? Drink water, record the weight/reps I just did, reset the timer, sit down and catch my breath :)

B1 Push ups: I do them with my hands on the counter, I think I'm ready to go to the weight bench for less of a decline

B2 I do the bent-over row as well, I face my palms towards my body because that helps me keep my elbows tucked in close

C2 Prone jacknife. I don't have a ball, but I do have a situp bench, so I set it to a decline and use enough weight so that 8 reps is really tough. I hold a 20 lb plate-weight on my chest.

I will keep trying, I can't expect to do complete sets to begin with can I? If you can't do the full set, even with body weight, just do as many as you can! You'll totally get there. If you're like me you'll want to die halfway through the lunges, but I'm not dead yet hah... and the shoulder press is hard for me because I don't have any weights lighter than 15 lbs, so I just do as many as i can right now.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

C2 Prone jacknife. I don't have a ball, but I do have a situp bench, so I set it to a decline and use enough weight so that 8 reps is really tough. I hold a 20 lb plate-weight on my chest.

Polly, i definitely recommend you get a swiss ball if you can afford it (or put it on a birthday wish list!), they start at about $20 on amazon i think. Totally worth it to do the prone jacknives, they really work. It's handy for a few other moves too, but worth it for the jackives alone.