General Experience/ideas...

Options
ms_tris
ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
This is the second time I've done a PSMF and I know it works. I just find that I get SO bored with the food choices. I know it's better to eat real food rather than have protein shakes all the time, but sometimes the only way I can hit my protein goal for the day is to have a shake.
I also struggle over whether to have four "snacks" or to just combine them into two "meals." So far this week I've done the "snack" thing. I may switch it up next week and see if I feel more satisfied that way.
As of now, I'm only taking the EC components of the stack, but wonder if adding aspirin would really make any difference.
Lastly, I find I'm having lots of trouble falling asleep at night. I hope this goes away. Considering melatonin....

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I was on PSMF.
    I just ate 1,2 meals a day since the portion is too small, I want to feel full.
    About sleeping problem, do you take magnesium ? make sure you have enough potassium.
    It's better to save your carb for dinner, i heard it helps with sleeping problem.
  • LivingFitNC
    LivingFitNC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The sleep issue is due to hormone crashing issues most likely because you are not fat adapted (i.e. you were not low carb prior to starting PSMF or were not for long enough so you are still a sugar burner). Best remedy for this is to eat some of your protein (2-3 oz) right before bed to avoid your cortisol jacking up your adrenaline at 2-3am and disrupting your sleep cycle. also avoid caffeine products too close to bed including your EC stack if you aren't already