Hardest Week?

Options
TheDoctor90
TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
What do you think has been the hardest week? I'm just finishing week 3 and week 5 looks very scary.
How about you?

Replies

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Week 5 was my scariest week. I didn't think I could do it, but I chanted some stuff I heard on my Jillian Michaels DVD and slowed my jog down. I made it all the way through. I shocked myself.
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 5 and so far it is the hardest. Only because I have that 20 minute run tonight and I'm not sure how well I'm going to do.
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    Week 5, hands down!!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Week one was brutal for me... 45 seconds of running and I was ready to pass out. I just finished week 5 last Friday... the body is an amazing machine! The first two runs of week 5 were easier for me than week 1, but yes, that 20 minute run on W5D3 is a doozy. The first 15 minutes were ok, but that last 5 minutes was all willpower.... I just didn't want to admit defeat and have to tell everyone I failed.

YMMV, but if you made it through week 3, I think you can make it through week 5... just keep your pace slow and steady. Good luck!!!
  • connorsludge
    connorsludge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is my third time through C25K and every time 5 is the hardest! I think it's all in my head, though. Staving off the mental fatigue and boredom was much harder than keeping my legs going. To me, the best part of running is conquering the mental aspect.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really thought week 3 was scary I even postponed a day to psyc myself up for it, after I was through I kicked myself because it wasnt bad at all. I was even shocked when it was already over.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I thought week 4 was going to be hard (5 minute runs) But I got through week 4 day 1 just fine without any problems. Week 5 looks scary though. Day 1 looks ok, Day 2 looks a little iffy and Day 3, Oh my. I don't know how I will do it.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Okay scared of week 5 now ;) I started week 3 today and was all proud of myself for running for 3mins but it's gonna be ramping up soon - yikes!!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Okay scared of week 5 now ;) I started week 3 today and was all proud of myself for running for 3mins but it's gonna be ramping up soon - yikes!!

This is what I say to myself when I'm progressing from one week to the next. If I can jog 3 minutes, then I can do 5 minutes. I'm only adding 2 more minutes. To help me sustain my pace I slowed it down a notch or two. I may not be moving far but I'm moving. :bigsmile:
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I loved the challenge of week 5 though it was certainly intimidating. I didn't struggle, really, really struggle, until I got to week 6, day 2. My knees started rebelling when I got to that point and I'm having a hard time getting used to the idea that there are no more walking intervals after this..... I think I may die! LOL! I'm sure its mental, but there you have it. So I'm hanging out and repeating variations on weeks 5 and 6 until it gets easier, then I'll move on. And it IS getting easier.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was terrified of week 5 but I actually got through it easily, then week 6 kicked me in the face. I made it through, but all 3 runs were pretty rough. Week 7 has been good though, which I just finished this morning.
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Week 9, which I just finished day 3 of this morning. Though I think part of my problem is I am focussing on the distance and not the time.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Did the first day of week 4 last night and it went really well. I barely struggled even on the 5 minute runs.
    Going to go again tonight.

I was looking at week 5 and it's such a steep curve.
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Week 5 was my scariest week. I didn't think I could do it, but I chanted some stuff I heard on my Jillian Michaels DVD and slowed my jog down. I made it all the way through. I shocked myself.

I'm curious, what does she suggest that you chant? I need all the help I can get ; )
  • Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Week 8 here.. HOLY MOLY! LOL! I think I may have to go back a week or so though. I haven't been able to run do to sickness and feel like I'm really screwing my Couch to 5K plan up. UGH!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I dreaded week 5 but I got through it ok. I'm now on week 7 and finding it difficult. I can just about do the 25 mins but I seem to be hitting a wall and for the first time I am not sure if I can progress to week 8 :(
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Repeating week 5 this week :) Guess it's the scariest for me so far, lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ok I did week 5 day 2 last night and it went ok. Tonight I am supposed to do day 3 (the 20 minute run) By the end of of my first 8 minute run last night I was so ready to walk so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do 20 minutes. I might just repeat day 2... or maybe I will just go for it and if I can't run the whole 20 minutes I'll try again until I can.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I finished week 5 and repeated it, it was the scariest for me but I conquered it :) Moving on to week 6.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    ok I did week 5 day 2 last night and it went ok. Tonight I am supposed to do day 3 (the 20 minute run) By the end of of my first 8 minute run last night I was so ready to walk so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do 20 minutes. I might just repeat day 2... or maybe I will just go for it and if I can't run the whole 20 minutes I'll try again until I can.

I did week 5 day 3 two days ago. Like you, on day 2 I thought it was pretty tough and like there was no way in hell that I'd be able to go 20 minutes without stopping. I fully intended to repeat day 2 and maybe try to add some at the end if I was able. I've been repeating frequently, and week 4 was especially tough for me. Something got into me though and spur of the moment I decided to go for it. I was able to do the 20 minutes without much difficulty at all. I did slow down my speed by .2 mph about halfway (or maybe earlier) through. It all seemed mental to me rather than physical. Once past 10 minutes I can't describe the feeling of joy I got because I knew I was going to finish it..I think I had a grin on my face the whole last half, even as it got harder toward the end, maybe an alternating grin/grimace lol. Oddly the only thing that was giving me any discomfort was that I got a bit of a ache in my back. I still can't believe that I did it, having not run since I was a teenager some 30 years ago or so. I felt like Rocky dancing on the top of the steps at the end :laugh:

I don't know if I"ll get to the point where I really enjoy the running itself, but the sense of achievement this program has given me is something I really need. Let us know how it goes :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: